long term disability

1. S

New Dx for spouse last week

I'm in shock from the diagnosis of ALS my 39 year old spouse recv'd last week. We have kids in high school and middle school. Right now I am scrambling to find the right questions to ask for our future planning. Any advice on the questions to ask of employee benefits (there is short term and...
  2. Ed340hp

AETNA Disability Insurance - Poor Service

I am looking for help with contacts at AETNA. If anyone has a contact at AETNA please post it up or PM me the info? I have been diagnosed with ALS for a year, confirmed last May 2015. I worked through the end of the year, and filed for Disability Insurance with my Last Working Day on January...
  3. K

how do I get help ????

Hi............Sorry. haven't been able to be here for awhile I spent 7 day's in hospital with heart failure then had to return to the hospital 3 time's after I was discharged... Anyway's had my husband a apt @ U of U clinic but they called to confirm insurance and told me that our insurance was...
  4. Y

Long Term Disability issue..

Hi ALS forums. Hopefully I am posting this thread in a right forum.. In December 2013 my mom started receiving $1085 - a which is 50% of her income she was receiving before disability. In October 2013, she also started receiving her retirement Social Security benefit of $586. Her total income...
  5. LeprechaunSean

How to apply for long term disability...

So I'm currently diagnosed as 'probable ALS' and in the last few months I've noticed my left hand getting weaker, as well as some issues with my right leg. It has made my job significantly more difficult (I'm a mechanic) and I think it's time I started getting ready to 'retire'. I've got an...
  6. H

Long Term Disability question

I have a question for those who had Long Term Disability at work. Upon your diagnosis I am assuming that most people are still able to work somewhat. However this is a terminal illness. How did the doctor right the diagnosis at the start that said the individual could no longer work?
  7. D

It's all new to me

I was told by doctors and neurologists that I have bulbar palsy, restrictive bulbar palsy, als onset bulbar palsy and progressive bulbar palsy. I wish they could get together and call it one thing. Is there a difference? The neurologist that specializes in MND called it PBP so I guess I'll go...
  8. S

Anyone else want to take my money?

This is a lot to get off my chest, so please bare with me! We are living on a teacher's salary and my husband's social security disability. We have 2 kids, ages 11 and 17. Until last year, my husband was receiving long term disability payments from his employer. Last June we were informed...
  9. Will

Feeling too good to have ALS?

Hi, My PALS was diagnosed 11/11/10 by a prominent neuro-muscular neurologist in PHX after experiencing leg weakness and fasiculations. He was put on Ritulek. We got a second opinion about a month later and a second EMG by the head of the ALS Foundation Clinic in PHX. He concurred with the...
  10. Miss

What can I expect?

Tomorrow (actually today - it's late) is our first ALS clinic appointment. I'm not sure what to expect. I feel like I have done so much research, but still have no idea what will happen next with this disease. As I have said before, my husband is declining rapidly. I am so afraid something is...
Back