cost

1. KarenNWendyn

The newlywed couple

A newlywed couple moves into their new house. One day the husband comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, you know, in the upstairs bathroom one of the pipes is leaking, could you fix it?" The husband says, "What do I look like, Mr. Plumber?" A few days go by, and he comes home from...
  2. L

The Ferrari

A hip young man goes out and buys the best car available; a brand new Ferrari 550. It is also the most expensive car in the world, and it cost him $500,000. He takes it out for a spin and stops for a red light. An old man pulls up next to him on a moped. The old man looks over at the...
  3. F

lift chair

my power wheelchair has been great in permitting me to stand erect without assistance. however, am thinking of a lift chair for a little more comfort. would appreciate any info regarding source, cost, comfort, practicality, etc., and if it is really worth the trouble while considering the...
  4. Gvincent

My son

Hi all, My son was diagnosed just over 4 years ago (October 22, 2014) at the age of 22. Sunday will be his 27th birthday. As we with ALS, four years in and things are looking grim. I was wondering if there are others out there that are in their 20’s and battling this horrible disease? My son...
  5. A

Nuedexta and radicava

My mother found out that she’ll be able to start radicava soon and Medicare is going to cover the entire cost! She also had a feeding tube put in last week at Mass General and it went well. She can still eat relatively normally but gets tired after a while and has lost a little weight. She...
  6. Kristina1

Trilogy cost

A cost question here. When they came out they told me my insurance is paying 85% and I'm paying 15%. My 15% comes out to 178/month. That means insurance is paying $1008/month, and together we pay $1186/month. I asked for how many months until we own it, and she said no, no chance to own only...
  7. T

Lateral rotation mattress

Hi all, We are going to be getting a hospital bed soon. I am thinking about a lateral rotation air mattress. My husband doesn't have much use of his arms. I realize that Medicare or insurance probably won't pay. I have a medical condition that requires me to sleep through the night. We...
  8. K

Slings for hoyer's and ceiling lifts

Yay...I received my new sling this week from the Osprey sling company in England. It fits better and is much more comfortable. I was afraid my arm was going to break with the other one. The new one was 1/3 the cost of the old one. They don't ship to the US but if you have a friend in...
  9. G

Wheelchair carrier

We are looking for a low cost alternative to a wheelchair van. This would be for occasional outings where I want to use my wheelchair instead of a walker. Since we already own a pickup truck (Toyota Tacoma), we have been looking at a carrier that attaches to the trailer hitch. Does anyone have...
  10. C

Newbe.

Hi All. Very new to all this. Symptoms started about 7 months ago. After 4 Dr.s and 3 states they confirmed what I suspected from the beginning. ALS. Got to say it's harder on the people around me than it is me. Got a few questions. 1. What legal forms do I need to prepare while I still can...
Back