battery

1. T

Wheelchair Battery

Hi! Has anyone put in replacement batteries for a Permobil wheelchair? Do you need to have a technician called or can you do it yourself? Thanks so much!!!
  2. swalker

Lithium Battery for Magic Mobility X4

I am not sure where to put this, so will put it here. Mods, please feel free to move this to a more appropriate forum. As some of you probably read in the PALS checkin post, last Sunday we installed a home-built lithium battery pack in my Magic Mobility X4. I will provide some details in this...
  3. KarenNWendyn

The newlywed couple

A newlywed couple moves into their new house. One day the husband comes home from work and his wife says, "Honey, you know, in the upstairs bathroom one of the pipes is leaking, could you fix it?" The husband says, "What do I look like, Mr. Plumber?" A few days go by, and he comes home from...
  4. P

humidifier for Trilogy

My husband, Frank, has a trach and uses the Trilogy with attached humidifier only at night. Saturday we lost power for 5 hours during the night. The Trilogy switched to battery but the humidifier was off due to loss of power. He claimed that he felt like his trachea felt like it was burning...
  5. KarenNWendyn

Permobil vs Quantum power wheelchairs

I posted recently with questions regarding the Permobil F3 (I’m currently borrowing one from my loaner closet and like it so far). That previous thread is here: https://www.alsforums.com/forum/general-discussion-about-als-mnd/42619-question-you-wheelchair-geeks.html I did receive a gift of a...
  6. Nikki J

Update on roomba

Some of you will remember last year I got vacuuming and mopping robots. Yes I still love them. The roomba however appeared to die. I thought it was the battery as it had looked like it was charging until suddenly it was completely unresponsive. It turned out though it was the charger even...
  7. swalker

Another Unsuccessful Trip for Wheelchair Repair

I feel bad ranting a bit here, but will anyway:). My primary wheelchair, the Permobil C500s VS, had extensive work in December of 2017 (over $11,000). That was covered by insurance, but I had to pay a substantial deductible/copay. At that time, they were supposed to replace the motors...
  8. T

Hoyer/lift

Hi all, This is my first time posting. My husband is at a point where he almost can't walk. I'm not really prepared for this. I've thought about what I should be doing, but haven't gotten it done yet. I was wondering if anyone has any comments about a hoyer lift that you have been using. I...
  9. A

New to forum - seeking advice on symptoms

Dear Forum, Thanks to all of you who take time to read and respond. Like many , i seek advice from others on my case. I have read the stickies before joining and posting. I am 45, male. A year and a half ago i observed fasciculations in my left calf. They have been since constant. They are...
  10. V

Newly Diagnosed Question

My husband was recently diagnosed with ALS after a battery of tests from a referred Neurologists who suggest we get a second opinion. In the DC area we have John Hopkins, Georgetown and George Washington hospitals to choose from - all who have ALS clinics. We have appointments at both Hopkins...
Back