City
Newcastle upon Tyne
Terminal Illness smile and have hope

Terminal illness gives you new views on life
Sitting there worried toying with strife
It’s simply so sad that many lose hope
Cannot pull through can’t seem to cope

Depression not the illness is what many fight
It seems quite hard and harsh, yes I’m right?
As hard as it is we each all have to smile
Regardless the struggle over life’s mile

A smile a day keeps the illness at bay
Helps you feel all the better hear me relay
I know you’ll have your ups and downs
The occasional day that’s full of sad frowns

But smile at the day’s end and just know
A smile will make each day less painful to show
Smile as if you’re not ill or not ailing at all
Smile and laugh when you tumble or fall

And no I’m not an optimist nor an angel to you
I’m a simple man slowly dying, yes indeed its true
At my life’s end this thought I here lend
Smile will you smile your life may yet depend

Pen name Christopher Robin
Copyright Registration TXu 1-598-108

I know its not so easy, but it certainly does make a major difference :mrgreen:

Great stuff Christopher! The way I see it, regardless of our part in this production, we're all headed to the same end. You and I just have a clearer view. :)

I'm loving your poetry Poet Christopher Robin. Awesome. My husband has Bulbar Onset ALS, how well I see him through your words. His outlook is positive and happy right now, he's probably about 9 months behind you in progress as best I can figure. I sense your optimism, be it a horrendous disease to have to endure. I pray he can keep the same outlook as you as the ALS progresses. A friend whose husband just died from this diesase told me ALS stands for "always losing something". Guess we can only laugh through our tears. Thank you!

Wonderful poetry, chistopher. Thank you for sharing it with us

Awesome...thanks for sharing your prose. One of my goals to live on this journey with love and laughter. I pray to showi my family and my friends how to live with humilty and faith. I'm not afraid for me, but for what my family is facing.

You’re all to kind, I only write what its like (from the viewpoint of most folk suffering this hopefully) and from my experiences as this progresses, feel free to use the material, please do and just hit me with any personal requests or ideas, it keeps me going.

But typing with one finger on my left hand (after 55 years of being right handed) the wife should have a swear box near the computer (lol)

ECpara just for you

Always Losing Something

I’m always losing something
But I can’t lose this disease
It’s with me all of 24/7
It will not let me be at ease

I wish and pray I could lose this
And get my life back on track
So much I’d need to make up
My time again would never lack

Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
Death is its truly deadly sting
But a friend whose husband died
Called it always losing something

Yes this is indeed appropriate
Cause it closes up our nerves
Taking you ever more bit by bit
It’s a disease no one deserves

One day they may make a cure
If they ever get enough finance
Remember always losing something
Pray it doesn’t get you by chance

Poet Christopher Robin

Last edited:
there i was ............stiff and sore ,,,,,,,,,,,,spaz a spazin ,,,,,,,,,,,,till i said no more. poet, johnny...

I too was right handed and type with one finger now. I can no longer speak so don't need swear box. Nice poem Johnny!

Christopher, Thank You for your poems, they speak for us truely. ....and johnny your was great too!......:)

u guys..yer kiddng me....nice poem ..my arse..respectfully...u is just being polite, aint cher......loves johnny

Love the poems Christopher! Johnny we love you too!

Just so you know Johny, yours made me laugh. Whats better then that?

The poems are written to help the many people in the globe who are suffering with this disease, if any one takes offence at anything I say in a poem they should say nothing, as they are only deliberately trying to make me feel as miserable as they themselves are.

Why should anyone with a terminal illness that is to end their life be put in an added miserable state of mind by any other person, when they can remain as cheerful as possible as long as they can and at the same time educate the globe about this disease

johnnyliverpool1 why on earth you were critical when we’re each and all are supposed to show compassion to Sufferers of Terminal Illness, is something you clearly do not understand

It makes you wonder if you really do have ALS, some people are very angry that they have such an illness, but that gives no one the right to attack someone else also dying from the same disease, someone who is trying to get others to remain positive

Because someone is positive is not room for personal assault, remember that in the future

reign it in poet chris...calm down calm down.........i was refering to my pathetic attempt at poetry.....becky and not giving up were polite to say my efforts at prose was good....but they were just being nice cos i know am a poetless lump of rubbish....i sure hope i have made it clear.....no critisism of you was intended..no way no never.........johnny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back