Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
My husband was about the first to step foot into the home improvement store that opened a couple of years ago. It's about a country mile or two from here. Having ALS and being able to walk and drive, gave him independence enough to visit that store almost daily, even though his speech was rapidly failing. Now, he has to depend on me, as he cannot drive and about 99% of people cannot understand him.

So, the lady I bought the fridge from called me to say she had gotten admittance for us to a local venue, thinking my husband would be able to go with our son and whomever else we would like to invite. I felt terrible, knowing my husband could not go due to the physical demands he would not be able to endure. Yet, I wanted my son to be able to go if I could find someone to take him. (I can only leave my husband for short periods of time.)

The lady called today to tell me she had a total of 8 for admittance! I've called everyone I know to see if they could go and they all have other plans! Oh well!

What a sweet lady!

Here is what she wrote on the card she gave him:

"You are such an inspiration. I feel blessed to have been a part of your life, even the smallest part.

Thank you for shining your light on us here in the store. You have truly impacted me in so many ways. You are a hero in my eyes.

I wish all the best to you and your family.

Thank you"

YES. That's my REAL husband!

I love this story. What a wonderful and thoughtful lady to recognize the goodness in your husband, AND to let him know. He must be quite a guy! Thanks for sharing - it made my day.

nice - seldom hear of anything like this

wow! what an inspiring story! your husband obviously left a huge impression on this lady and others. Sounds like an awesome guy.

CJ - You should write this up for a "Chicken Soup for the Soul" story!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back