Other
Country
US
State
New England
City
someplace
Hi,

I have developed a painful ulcer-like crack on the corner of my lip. I googled it and it looks just like angular cheilitis, a bacterial or fungal condition caused by too much moisture, often due to excess saliva, which I have had off an on for a while. did anyone else have this and if so, how did you treat it? I have an appointment with primary care doctor on Sept. 8 and then I am going to Mass General Hospital in Boston for a second opinion at the end of this month.

it's a bit painful to open and close my mouth. any home remedies would be appreciated.

on another note: the joints at my shoulder and elbow on the right arm are getting more painful with movement, especially at the shoulder. there is also a lot of cracking/popping involved. I have some atrophy of the muscles around the shoulder. did anyone do cortisone shots and did that help?

thanks-

Sandra

Sandra,
Sorry to hear the trouble you are having, maybe you would want to try abrevva or a numbing medicine. I have had cortisone shots with a little sucess. You never know.

Sandra,

I've had 2 cortisone shots. The first had an effect for a while and the 2nd didn't do a thing. The doctors are not willing to try another shot for the shoulder.

Zaphoon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back