Diagnosis
01/2005
Country
US
State
OK
City
Tahlequah
Just received the new Dynavox Eyemax . What a fantastic device! The eye tracker is unbelievable. It is very accurate, fast and easy to set up and calibrate.

Features:
Fully customizable. Compatable with win XP and Mac.
Many voices to choose from.
Operates on eyeblink,touch screen,scan,dwell,blink/dwell or external switch/mouse.
The Accessit feature allows you to wirelessly control your home PC.
The Phoneit feature allows you to dial and talk on the phone.
Operate any IR remote control. TV,DVD or stereo.
Get free Ebooks through Bookshare.org.
You can join a wireless network and it is Bluetooth compatible.

Mine came with a floor stand and wheelchair mount. Cost a little more than $18,000 with all the bells and whistles. The VA provided mine.

Last edited by a moderator:
i have one on order, i can't wait :cool:

Thanks for the info boblandstar1. We are just starting to figure out a device for my Dad. He'll be glad to know there is the option of using it to control the remote for the TV and that the VA covers it s a back source if Medicare does not. Does anyone know the limits of Medicare in coverage for devices like these?
Dana

I know medicaid will fund eyemax with a sizable copay. Have your VA doctor get you a referral to a speech pro. The VA will fund all costs. There are other cheaper eye gaze products. I reseached them all. Insist on Eyemax.

See Augie Nieto Eyemax video here: YouTube- Augie Nieto - EyeMax Eye Tracking AAC Device

I'll need one of these things

MDA (Muscular Dystrophy Assoc.) paid for part of mine that my insurance didn't cover. MDA is an amazing resource for us PALS. Just being able to make and take phone calls again with the DynaVox has expanded my world back out to "almost normal." Most conversations don't even require me to go through all the tedious "I'm speaking through a computer" explanations. People just think they're talking to darling little "Tiffany" or "Fifi" or whatever.

When I need action, I switch voices to big bad Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back