Old 03-04-2009, 09:10 PM #1
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Mobile
State: AL
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
piperanne is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Question anything would be helpful

Hi there, I'm almost 34 years of age. About 2 months ago I started having heaviness on the left side of my face, not numbness, but heavieness, with a slight droop to my eye and mouth. Dr. said it was Bell's Palsy. the next day, it went away, next day it came back. It does that all the time. Sometimes it comes back twice a day sometimes not at all for a day or so. then my hands and foot on my left side started with pins and needles. I was getting quite nervous. Went to neurologist and he sent me for a MRI to rule out MS. Well, everything went fine. I have to wait until Tuesday to see him, but my foot feels weak "Sometimes" or funny. My arms today felt like I've been lifting weights with a burning feeling and my thighs too. It didn't leave me weak or anything, just when I would walk it did this. My left arm does do this sometimes when I'm doing my hair, picking up the baby etc. Sometimes my tongue feels so tight I feel like I wont be able to talk right , but I can say everything perfectly. Chewing tires my tongue out sometimes, not all the time. I'm frightened these are signs of ALS . Does it sound that way.
I sometimes have a twitching in my right leg above my knee, but I've ALWAYS have had a twitch hear and there. I have two boys and a new baby girl, well she's 1, but I am so scared.
Old 03-04-2009, 09:39 PM #2
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Springfield
State: Missouri
Diagnosed: 08/2011
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
Zaphoon is on a distinguished road
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Springfield
State: Missouri
Diagnosed: 08/2011
Interest: I have been diagnosed with UMND/PLS.
Zaphoon is on a distinguished road

Piperanne,

I'm no medical professional but it seems to me like there is too much, too soon happening to you for this to look like an ALS presentation. It is good that you are seeing a neurologist. Please try to keep in mind that there are many things that could be causing your problems other than ALS. You are still young and ALS is rare to begin with but even more rare for someone your age to acquire.

Zaphoon
Old 03-04-2009, 09:43 PM #3
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Thank you for your response. Someone suggested MG. I will ask my neurologist to do some testing for the antibodies. He's not very compassionate from what I've seen so far, but I'm stuck with him due to insurance!
Closed Thread

Tags
age, back, burning, eye, foot, heaviness, helpful, mri, neurologist, scared, tongue, twitching