Old 02-08-2008, 12:26 PM #1

City: Concord
State: NC
Diagnosed: 01/2009
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Whitsend is on a distinguished road
City: Concord
State: NC
Diagnosed: 01/2009
Whitsend is on a distinguished road
Default Question for Raymond B / Another Test

Hi everyone. Just got back from Duke Medical Center yesterday. They want to do another test. I just don't remember the name and was hoping someone here could help so I can find more info on it. They put electrodes on your head, wrists and ankles. The shocks, unlike the EMG, come in rapid succession. The test starts with the letter 'V', but I just can't remember what he called it. I checked out on Web MD, but nothing that started with a 'V' remotely sounded like this test.

We also discussed the baclofin pump. I've been reading everyone's posts regarding that. Seems Raymond B has the most experience with it. My question to Raymond is, has it helped you to walk? The neurologist at Duke indicated that if it worked, I should be able to walk almost normally again. I don't want to go through all the tests and surgery if it's only going to help with the cramps, etc.

Raymond B, if you're out there, can you give us all an update on how the pump is working out for you? Thanks.

Jeanette
Old 02-08-2008, 02:42 PM #2
Extremely Helpful Member

City: uk
State: uk
Diagnosed: 11/2007
olly is on a distinguished road
Extremely Helpful Member
City: uk
State: uk
Diagnosed: 11/2007
olly is on a distinguished road

could you be talking about evoked potentials test. they put electrodes on scalp and send signals,these tests are to evaluate response time,ive had it done some years ago.
also i think doc was wrong about baclofen pump saying you,ll walk as before,ive been on baclofen 7yrs and still have bad spasms but also muscle weakness, also too much baclofen dosage can weaken muscles so id be cautious.
Closed Thread

Tags
back, cramps, emg, info, medical, neurologist, reading, surgery, test, tests, update, wrists