Old 02-14-2019, 10:51 AM #1
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Kiev
State: Ukraine
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
affirmative is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default Need Advice

Thank you the helpful saints of here who tried to help people from all over the world. I have read not only stickies but may be all the threads of this section.

Yes I have full of anxiety and try to struggle against it but I am not able not manage it yet.

September of last year I had headache and I thought it was 4th grade brain cancer. (Vincent's example) After a week I headed to Neuro for getting the death certificate! Neuro firstly listened me. And then She at some 10 minutes examined me. Neuro also checked my reflexes by hammer.

Then She concluded there is nothing serious on brain but may be on the cervical part. And Neuro referred to do MRs of brain and cervical part. She was right and MRs showed nothing on brain but many herniated discs and some osteoarthritis on the cervical part. I was free of brain cancer.

But at the midst of October on my calf started twitches and in an few day spread to whole of my body literally every point. Twitches are still non-stop continuing.

Now I need your advice; Should I go to Neuro again for constant twitches? When I went to Neuro for my headache could Neuro detect ALS? Or I must specifically mention the twitches to her?
Old 02-25-2019, 12:39 PM #2
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Default Re: Need Advice ( abnormal emg)

Dear all,
My emg findings list is attached.
At two place ++ poly signals are seen.
Then Neuro ordered mri of lumbar. Mri showed minor pinched nerves and spondilit signals.
Neuro suggested plexopaty but he did not reveal a certain cause of emg’s poly findings.
Neuro Just released me without absolute diagnosis.
I am 40, male. According to neuro exam I do not have any abnormal findings. (Reflexes, weaknesses are all fine)
What is your opinion?
Should I go further?
Are there connections between my emg report findings and MND?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9804CA5E-1E08-4E2B-A87F-A7D0730146CE.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	11567  
Old 02-25-2019, 04:14 PM #3
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member

Forum Moderator

City: Seattle
State: WA
Diagnosed: 09/2009
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
lgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond reputelgelb has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Need Advice ( abnormal emg)

No, you are in the clear. As a reminder, twitching alone is no reason to think about MND in the first place.

All the best.
Thanks from
affirmative (02-26-2019)
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, age, als?, anxiety, brain, death, free, headache, helpful, twitches