Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
Uni
State
Arizona
City
Sierra Vista
Hello! Thank you in advance to anyone who gets back to me. I have muscle twitching mostly in my left leg but also all over my body, pretty normal for me but I just wanted to state it. My left leg on my upper thigh has a dent in it and after doing some research the first article that pulled up naturally was about ALS. Panicked and concerned I started hyper focusing on my left leg noticing that the inside of the the thigh muscle is a bit thinner and dips in a bit as well. This may just be do to the fact that it's my weaker leg, I always pop my hip to the right and lean more on my right side and when I do leg exercises at the gym I notice I put a bit more pressure on my right leg. I have no noticable muscle weakness in the left leg but the smaller appearance worries me.

So after all that if your still with me I would like to know what muscle wasting is like, how fast it happens, and if you have any sensations like a tingling in the limb its occurring in.
Thank you for your time I really appreciate it!

You will appreciate that we are not going to draw you a picture of muscle atrophy that you don't have. That only scares people. Also, ALS is not the only reason for atrophy.

The key fact in what you have said is lack of weakness in the weaker leg (and many of us do have a weaker arm and/or leg). Asymmetry in appearance is also normal.

Twitches, courtesy of Google, often lead people this direction, but it is a false relationship, fortunately. A trainer at your gym could probably help you build up the weaker leg.

Best,
Laurie

If you are concerned you should make an appointment and discuss this in detail with your Primary Care Physician. A trainer at a gym was the first to notice a left side weakness area, but attributed it to tight muscles. He was wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back