State: Ohio
Interest: Other
GeorgeOhio is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Cincinnati
Default Muscle atrophy, weakness, fasciculation for 7 months now.

Hi everyone,

I'm seeking some advice on some serious health issues I've been experiencing for the last 7 months.
I started having twitches in my arms which over a period of time spread to my whole body including my tongue. Weakness in my right hand/ big thumb, after some time I started having atrophy which has gotten worse, spread to the same side and affect my right foot/pad atrophy.

Three different doctors have noticed the atrophy in my right hand which is the worse with weakness, muscle in between my thumb and index finger, like if you do a karate chop, that muscle is %70 smaller compare to my left hand. Having issues with grip, if I force it too much it feels weak for some time.

My right foot has been giving me issues as well and noticed fat pad atrophy at the bottom of the foot, discomfort when I walk on it/put pressure.
Havent seen a neurologist just yet, it takes a long time to schedule an appointment in my area. Waiting for close to 3 months.
I have done multiple blood work, came back normal, lyme test, brain mri with contrast, nothing out of the ordinary.

One symptom that I've noticed is... When I'm being intimate with my significant other, at the point of climax, I get an electric shock going down my legs, feels like pins and needles Has anyone else experienced such symptom?

I'm very concerned and appreciate any comments or suggestions you might have. Thank you.
Old 07-24-2018, 02:24 PM #2
Very Helpful Member

City: Central NC
State: NC
Diagnosed: 12/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Clearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud of
Very Helpful Member
City: Central NC
State: NC
Diagnosed: 12/2016
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Clearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud ofClearwater AL has much to be proud of
Default Re: Muscle atrophy, weakness, fasciculation for 7 months now.

George, as you wrote...

"Haven't seen a neurologist just yet,"

Please do that before you post any more symptoms.

Did you share this one with the three doctors you've seen?...

"One symptom that I've noticed is... When I'm being intimate with my significant other, at the point of climax, I get an electric shock going down my legs, feels like pins and needles Has anyone else experienced such symptom?"

If not... why lay that one on us?

No... that symptom has absolutely no relationship to ALS.

Again... ""Haven't seen a neurologist just yet,"

Last edited by Clearwater AL : 07-24-2018 at 02:31 PM
Thanks from
ShiftKicker (07-24-2018)
Old 07-24-2018, 03:27 PM #3
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Default Re: Muscle atrophy, weakness, fasciculation for 7 months now.

Thank you for the response.

I've told my family doctor and physical therapist about my issues,hand grip test given and significant weakness in my right hand compared to left. Visually you can see the atrophy as well, is significant.
I'm getting worse, with more limbs being affected, and atrophy. Physical therapist has patients with ALS and has told me it's something to consider because of my symptoms and worsening atrophy.
I'm really worried. Appreciate answering my question. Trying to see a neurologist as soon as possible, still have 3 weeks left. Not sure who else I can talk to about this.
Closed Thread

Tags
advice, atrophy, back, brain, fasciculation, finger, foot, health, lyme, mri, muscle, neurologist, pressure, symptom, test, thumb, tongue, twitches, weakness, work