Alisa91 is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
City: Kouvola
State: Kymenlaakso
Interest: Other
Question about 1 year now...

Hi!

I apologize for my bad english, Iīm from Ukraine but living about 14 years in Finland.

Iīm 24 and my healt problem start last year in spring..
I was moving together with my men and I starting feel dizziness and it never stop, just when I move or do something I feel uncomfortable
like i was in the boat. I went to the doctor, and he said, oh Itīs normal sometimes, donīt worry, I think that you have just some stress...
I was, Ok, and still I was with bad feelings about that all symptoms...
That dizziness I feel obut 2 months and then "puff" and it was gone... but then other symptoms appeared, in my ears, like i have been in bar or something, they start to ringing...and very loudly...
I was crying to my husbent, Itīs too loud... with the time that symphtoms go away too... I start feeling tiredness, in my all muscles..
In August I went to a neurologist and she do some basic test, and noticed that my knee reflex was little bit "lively" , then she said that itīs normal to slim girls... I was what?!
Then she send me to the blood test where you can see like Myashenia Gravis or something like that... But it was normal.
Then she send me to ENMG- test and it was normal too.

In September I īstart my school, and I noticed when I drive to school my left arm starting feel like under my skin was thousands of worms or tingling... but anyway in October my twitching start..everywhere.
Then again I went to "municipal" neurologists, she do MRI and say she donīt think I have MS because it was clean... I was sure that I have MS, but not anymore.
Then I go again in October to the same neurologist and I told my concern about If I have Als? She do again some Basic test, and she said, NO you donīt have als, but we can do more Enmg:s if you want to be sure, so in 2016 February I had the time to Enmg test, but before February, in October I noticed that my left calf when I walk or do Basic things in home it tired and feeling the pressure and weakness or the feeling that I cant control it well...
but when I went to the test the doctor donīt test with the needles my left led at all!! only electric test, it was normal... Enmg was again normal.
In June, I noticed a small area like a dent... And I start thinking that this is atrophy, because with right calf had nothing wrong... I felt tiredness in my leg, when I do something... and By that time to at that moment feelings never go away, I think that it worst... same in hand, they tired too quickly and my right calf start change shape too... And yes I know that Als rarely if never start like that... and I know that usually twitching begins when you donīt have anymore signal with muscles and you canīt normally used your arm or leg... or tongue... but still I have some story that Als was starting with the twitch, and about living almost normal life 1 year or 1,5 and then you have too bad symptoms and your doctor say you have Als..

Yeah, I'm terrified because my symptoms never go away, and I feel like my symptoms get worse... I go to the doctor tomorrow... and I have time to the neurologist 2.08.2016... Bad things that Iīm pregnant and we canīt do likvor-test...
CAN it be ALS? Iīm tired and sick of all that crap.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:16 AM #2
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Interest: I lost a loved one to ALS/MND.
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
Forum Moderator

City: Orlando
State: Florida
Diagnosed: 12/2010
Atsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond reputeAtsugi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: about 1 year now...

Alisa, no ALS.
You did not show ALS in your writing.
Dizziness and ears ringing are not ALS at all.
Feeling tired in all your muscles is not ALS at all.
A lively knee reflex is common and normal. Not ALS.
A feeling of weakness and tiredness in your leg is not ALS.

The doctor can see ALS with a simple test.
And a neurologist with an EMG can see ALS a long time before you show ALS on the outside. Don't worry that it only tested one side. The doctor knows what she is doing.
You had two EMGs that were clear. That's good.
You do not have to worry about ALS.
Old 07-27-2016, 03:41 AM #3
Extremely Helpful Member

City: lala land
State: home
Diagnosed: 05/2013
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute
Extremely Helpful Member
affected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond reputeaffected has a reputation beyond repute

Just like you accepted and believed it is not MS, you can now accept and believe it is not ALS either.

I'm sorry I don't know what it is, but no matter what you have read and think that's like me, this just isn't how ALS works.

All the best.
Old 07-27-2016, 05:03 AM #4
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)

Thanks for yours replyes, I appreciate that, I think that time will show. when I know more I will tell you. Thanks!
Old 08-22-2016, 04:08 AM #5
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Unhappy Re: about 1 year now...

Hi! I went in 2 August to the neuro special and there she said that she can't see any Als... I ask her to send me again to emg, but she say that its no necessary because I was in February...
So I don't know what to do. My husbent and I noticed that my left calf is smaller. I have picture but I can't send it to that forum
Old 08-22-2016, 04:28 AM #6
Extremely Helpful Member

Extremely Helpful Member

Honestly no one sees ALS but you.
That means you have to address your anxiety, and I'm sorry but we can't do that here.

All the best, please get help from a medical doctor to get past your fears.
We really don't need pictures, you've been cleared, you are very lucky.
Closed Thread

Tags
als, als?, arm, atrophy, crying, go away, life, mri, muscles, neurologist, pressure, problem, reflex, story, stress, symptoms, test, tiredness, tongue, twitching, weakness, worry, wrong