Old 07-18-2016, 11:11 PM #1
New Member (Say Hi)

City: Moscow
State: Russia
Interest: I am interested in learning about ALS/MND.
Natty is on a distinguished road
New Member (Say Hi)
Default Scared I might have ALS

Hello everyone,

Thank you in advance to all those who might read and offer opinion. I'm a 34 yo female and I've been very much concerned about my symptoms for a while. First, in Dec 2015 I had an MRI to rule out MS and it showed degeneration of corticospinal tract according to the tech who described it, suggesting possible ALS. In Jan-Feb I began to have fascics, random and rare, which ramped up by April, but have essentially calmed down now, except for my right calf.

My primary concern is my inner right calf, which has been hurting and feeling stiff and sore for almost 3 months, ever since I resumed active sports after a year break. Also, it looks noticeably thinner and the muscle seems shaped differently. Still, I can do lots of squats and calf raises and stuff.

I had a clear EMG and neuro exam on June 5. The neuro saw the thinner leg but dismissed it as unimportant, saying it could be related to flat foot. Still, anxiety is through the roof. I've been on AD but it doesn't seem to do much for my anxiety. I've read that ALS doesn't present with pain, but also looked it up on the Russian web and the stories sound contradictory.

Sorry for wordiness.
Would gratefully appreciate any response.

Natalia
Old 07-18-2016, 11:44 PM #2

City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold
City: Barrie
State: ON
Diagnosed: 08/2014
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
Vincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to beholdVincent is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Scared I might have ALS

THe findings on the mri would seem to point away from ALS and more toward MS. The clean EMG and neuro exam also point away from ALS. You don't seem to need to be here. Lucky you.
Dosvedanye
Vincent
Old 07-18-2016, 11:51 PM #3
New Member (Say Hi)

New Member (Say Hi)
Default Re: Scared I might have ALS

Thank you, Vincent! that's some good Russian you speak! Wishing you a good day!
Closed Thread

Tags
als, anxiety, emg, female, foot, mri, muscle, pain, possible als, scared, symptoms