Old 12-14-2010, 05:51 PM #1

City: Woodbridge
State: Va
Diagnosed: 03/2010
Interest: I have been diagnosed with ALS.
APL55 is on a distinguished road
City: Woodbridge
State: Va
Diagnosed: 03/2010
APL55 is on a distinguished road
Default Question about 2 symptoms

Some times when I cough I get what feel's like a poping in my spine and it takes my breath away for a couple of seconds, the second is do any of you get or know of any body that gets a burning sensation in their arms, at one point the burning got very bad, one of my doctors put me on 60mg of prednisone, which in a couple of days it stoped, but latley it has been flairing up.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:56 PM #2
Extremely Helpful Member

City: Eastern Shore
State: Maryland
Diagnosed: 07/2007
abbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to behold
Extremely Helpful Member
City: Eastern Shore
State: Maryland
Diagnosed: 07/2007
abbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to beholdabbas child is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Question about 2 symptoms

Dear Allan,

I have never had the popping sensation in the spine due to coughing. Nor have I had the burning pain in my arms. They are weak. Your burning pain sounds like nerve pain. I realize I must sound like a broken record--which I regret--but I believe your illness is not ALS. That doesn't at all mean it isn't devastating, just not ALS in particular. I am so sorry you have all of this to suffer, and that you're alone trying to take care of yourself for stretches of time. My prayer for you is that you don't have any more damage before going to Hopkins in January.

Ann
Closed Thread

Tags
burning, symptom, symptoms