Diagnosis
08/2011
Country
US
State
Missouri
City
Springfield
No appreciable change. Looks like the diagnosed of PLS isn't going away any time soon. I'm still pulling for BFCS, PNS (pinched nerve syndrome), or maybe I'm just some sort of nut case and everything is just in my head. Oh, wait! That would be PLS, wouldn't it?

Zaphoon

hey kim,no change is good news.
i guess us pls'ers are nut cases,it helps when you have a disease they can not 100% prove untill autopsy.
lets hope your plateau period continues:-D

CONGRATULATIONS! That is great news. Slow, or no, progression is fantastic.

Thanks, Caroline and Joel!

I've got to say that I like and trust this neurologist. He's smart and personable. Every now and then, I find myself listing to the port side, looking for something to steady myself with but this doesn't happen with enough frequency for me to be alarmed over. I'm nowhere near "wall walking" yet.

My rowing machine and I are getting along pretty well. I can sit on the thing for 20 minutes (I could sit there for a lot longer if my butt didn't sore.). Notice I didn't say anything about exercising on it - just sitting. Its great to pretend! Just give me a zip up sweater, nice shirt with necktie, slip-on loafers, a pair of tennis shoes and a daily visit from some weird delivery guy and I'll remain okee-dokee fine!

Hey! Its a WONDERFUL day in the neighborhood!

Zaphoon

Last edited:
No change is good change. Won't you be my neighbour?:)

Hey there, Keeker! Of course I'll be you neighbor! How about a quick trip to "The Land Of Make Believe!" There's some guy in a dog suite I've been wanting to kick for quite some time (and I believe I have just enough EL to get the job done!).

Caroline, I'm not quite ready for the autopsy yet. I can hang with a certain degree of uncertainty on the diagnosed for a while longer yet.

I get to operate the trolly!

Zaphoon

Kim,

That's great everything is still the same....

Kim,

That is just fantastic. It would be more than fantastic if it went away. So, its just JUST.

I like your exercise regime. I would try it , but I would be stuck there afterwards. Its hard to lift 1/8 ton dead weight off of the floor ;)

Good Stuff.

Glen

Did the guy in the dog suit really get on your nerves? I wanted to slug the king!

I don't know which one was worse, the dog-man or Mr. Mcfeely. "Happy Delivery" just drove me nuts and dog-man wasn't at all believable and had a poor woof. No wonder there wasn't a Mrs dog-man on the show...

Kim, if you're not getting any better, I'll settle for your not getting any worse! Good going.

Hang in there.

(I like the image of you on the rowing machine!)

i agree with beth , and hope it stays that way

Beth and Td,

Thanks for the kindnesses.

It was another good visit - I'll have to see what he wrote for the record. I still don't fully believe I have PLS but I'm not the neurologist. I keep looking at the odds. On the other hand, I am thankful that Mr. Lower Motor Neuron is still on the job.

Hey, what did I ever do to my upper motor neurons, anyway? Here they go and bail out on me for no good (or at least unkown) reason.

Hey Kim~

I am still hovering around, and I am glad that things are not progressing! That is what any of us with sx want! Just some weird funky muscle thing that is not going anywhere! I really am glad as anyone can be in this circumstance would be.....

Gotta go, the baseball play off's are on and our Tigers are playing the Twins and it is an AWESOME game and my boys are going crazy!

Blessings!

April

i understand complety i keep looking for it not to be als but , symptoms are there and trying to find it under something else

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back