Status
Not open for further replies.
I had nerve issues due to a herniated cervical disc. Basically, whatever cervical level is affected can cause issues from that point on down. I had weakness in left arm and hand, atrophy, etc. I also did have some sensory things and muscle twitches going on throughout my body, even my legs. This was probably due to mild spinal compression from the herniated disc. Short answer is yes, cervical nerve impingement can cause sensory issues and even weakness throughout your body. I have even heard of cervical disc herniations causing arm/hand weakness and problems like foot drop simultaneously. Have you ever had an MRI on your C-spine? That might be something to talk to your doctor about after the EMG. I'm not sure if EMG would always show cervical nerve issues, but it did in my case. Wright would probably know more about that. You can have pinched nerves without having any real pain, as well.

Sorry, just read up and saw that you have had an MRI that showed bulging discs. I am definitely not a doctor, but would be pretty surprised if your problems weren't related to the disc issues.

Thanks anon, seen my GP yesterday as I'm getting burning pain along the top and side of my right buttock along with twitches in both calves. He said that its probably disc related. Also got a letter from my Neuro about the EMG, she has booked me in and stated "this will help confirm diagnosis of pinched nerve root". She also stated that it would put my mind at rest about ALS although she thought it was unlikely clinically.
But talking to you you, Wright, Beth and KTMJ had already made me feel a lot better,
So thanks all of you for the replies to my posts, will let you know about the EMG,

Regards Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back