Diagnosis
08/2008
Country
US
State
California
City
Anaheim
Friday night I was in the ER due to a blood clot, and my only concern at the time was whether they would keep me in the hospital. I simply had to get out of there to walk my daughter down the aisle on Saturday.

No problem.

Saturday was my daughter Anna's wedding day, and I got to (a) walk her down the aisle, (b) give the toast, and (c) dance with her in front of everyone.

It was wonderful. She was so beautiful and I'm so proud of her. She and Joe are in the Bahamas now, still no luggage, but I'm sure they will find something to do, even without clothes! :p

I've posted pictures on my profile page.

The other daughter (Noelle) gets married on October 24. It's quite a year!

-Tom

Congratulations! That is fantastic news, I am very glad you got to do all those things with your daughter. I hope you can do the same with your other daughter when it is her turn.

Way to go Tom! Great pictures too. :smile:

Congrats! How proud you must be.

Tom,
You are quite a guy, I just wish you would live a more active life...(l0l), you really have great photos. I love all the great things going on in them. While I was looking at them I thought now if Tom would just find something to do he would not be such a uninteresting guy. In all seriousness, I loved the photos, your family is so lovely. Your daughter was a gorgeous bride, and your Haley, wow she is an angel. I love seeing pals with family, it is so much fun to get to know family and friends of people that we are so fond of, I am counting on more wedding pictures in the future. I again thank you for sharing such lovely memories, with your forum family.

Tom,

Congrats! I'm going to look at the pictures now.... I'm sure they are beautiful like everyone else said.
Thank you for sharing.

Congratulations, Tom!

The pictures are terrific; the bride is gorgeous, the groom is handsome, and of course, little Haley just steals the show!

"Danced at my daughter's wedding" takes on a whole new significance, doesn't it? I bet there wasn't a dry eye in the crowd!

By the way, you look terrific! And Heidi looks beautiful as well.
Another wedding in October? You will soon be "MT Pockets II" !

You look well Tom, and photographs are great. All the best, Danijela

Great pictures! congratulations, thanks for sharing the pictures, I enjoyed every one of them. Little Haley must have you wrapped around those cute little fingers :)

How is it going with the blood clot, is everything under control now?

Wow Tom. Thats a bucket list calibre event. Great pictures , glad you got to enjoy it.

Glen

Congratulations Tom! Kudos on a job well done with the hospital break-out!

This reminds me of Fiddler On The Roof where the guy says, "I have FIVE daughters!" and then rolls his eyes.

I have 3 daughters and only one wedding out of the way. Weddings are tough on the bank account!

Fortunately, my youngest (a senior in college) just broke up with her boyfriend. This should buy me some more time to shore up my account.

No tears shed over this break-up (on my part, at least). I thought the guy was a real shmo.

Zaphoon

Thanks to everyone for your comments and your kind words.

I sorta roasted the groom during the toast, but he deserved it. It was all in good fun, and though I was a little worried he'd be upset, he loved it so I worried needlessly.

I told everyone how great my daughter Anna is, then I told the story of the groom:
...Christmas Day 2007. I was about to meet Joe for the first time.
At the time, I knew only 2 things about Joe:
1. He was a bartender at Islands.
2. He knocked up my daughter.

Then I talked about my conversation with him that day, where I discussed my shotgun, etc. Everyone was rolling in the aisles. And every word was true.

Ended it all nicely as is "proper" with best wishes to the bride & groom, and gushed about how great a guy Joe is. But it was fun. I HATE public speaking, but as long as you gotta do it, you might as well enjoy it.

Kim: hope your daughter meets a guy as great as my new son-in-law, but that they do things in the right order (1. marry, 2. kids)

Rose (Diane): blood clots can be very serious if they turn into pulmonary embolism, but they just gave me blood thinner pills and some injections I do at home, and monitor my blood levels for a few months. Freaky thing but not really a big deal. I'm surprised I don't hear more about this on this forum because I would think with ALS and people not walking blood clots would be common.

Alcohol works as a blood thinner, so I'll have another beer!

We're watching Hayley (granddaughter) the first half of this week while the newlyweds are enjoying their honeymoon in the Bahamas.

-Tom

Tom-

I bet the October Groom is really nervous now! LOL

Glad you're doing better, but take it easy. Blood clots are a big deal!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back