Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
ohio
City
rossford
i've never really used one of these fourms before talking about these subjects, but when i saw this i couldn't really stop myself from comming and registering. my name is elizabeth, and a year ago i lost my grandmother to ALS. my grandma was my everything, almost a second mother if you will. she was always the best, and such an amazing woman. up until her final days, you could see the fight and will in her, her trying so hard to just stay positive and keep on going. the time it took for my grandma to be diagonised was prolly the worst of it all, the days went and they told her it was so many different things. my grandma was so stubborn and so strong she wasnt going to let this get her, and i dont think she did, and i never will. in her final days she was taken to hospice where they could make things for her more comfortable, and they did. she was given 6 months originally, but atcually ended up taking her last breath in two. the way she progressed was the craziest thing i've ever seen..right after she could no longer move, and no longer talk she went, which is i know what she wanted.

i dont really know what the point of my post is, it's just nice to be able to come somewhere and be able to talk about everything that happened, and know you know what i'm going through. so thank you all for letting me get this out, and reading it.

elizabethkathryn,

You are welcome to come anytime to get it all out. The people here are fabulous. I lost my mother in February to ALS, so I know exactly how you feel. You are welcome to chat with me anytime about it. It sounds like you were a wonderful grandaughter and I am sure she appreciated and loved you very much.

Love,
Holly

thank you so much for that, it really made me feel good and i really hope i'll eventually get the hang of this and be able to do more with the site and get more into it.

ElizabethKathryn,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother. I see that you are in Rossford, OH. I'm just 45 minutes or so from your location :)

Take care and God Bless,

Sis

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. I am sure she is very proud of you, and knows how much you love her. Now we all know what a special person she was and also how special you are. Feel free to post anytime, it doesn't matter if there is a point or not, the people here don't care. They are wonderful about being here for you no matter what.

Dana

Your grandmother must have indeed been very special. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Please post anytime you feel the need! We're all in this together...

ElizabethKathryn,
I sypmathize with you. My mom left us just 4 months after diagnosis in March 2009 at the young age of 51. I still miss her everyday. It has gotten easier for me in the couple of months or so but there are days I still cry for no reason. All of the firsts have been hard, first Mother's Day, my first Birthday without her morning phone call. I was two months pregnant when she died one of the hardest parts is knowing she won't know my son and he won't know what a wonderful grandma he had.

Sorry I'm not trying to turn this into being about me, but want you to know you are not alone and there are many of us that still miss our PALS everyday the way you miss your grandma.

I am sorry about your grandmother, i too was extememly close to mine. Lost her to breast cancer and now helping my mom fight this wicked ALS disease. Hang in there and just be really good to yourself. Take care

I am so sorry for the loss of your dear grandmother to this terrible disease. May her memory be with you forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back