Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
My husband Jay passed away on Saturday, November 22, 2008, nine months after his diagnosis. It was very peaceful and our son and our CNA were with us. Our daughter had spent the day with us with the babies and she got to say goodbye to her father.

It was a very difficult time and Jay did not think he was going to die until the last week. I kept a journal of the experience.

I am still trying to come to terms with Jay not being here. I haven't even responded to the notes and cards we received. This is the first time I have come to the forum since Jay left in November. He would have been 60 on March 4. June 14 would be our 39th wedding anniversary. I am trying to remember all the years with healthy and happy Jay, not sick Jay. It still feels like this just happened last night.

I donated the cough assist machine and all the other supplies we had to the ALSA of GA.

Thank you all in the forum for your support. I could never have gotten through this without your help. You are all in my prayers. Reading these threads tonight, my thoughts are with the other families whose names I know from my time on this forum. I also think of the people who are just finding out about ALS. I am sorry for your losses and I hope they can find a cure and spare us all from what my family and all of you have had to endure. May G-d bless you and be merciful to you and give you peace.

Lee

Lee,
I am so sorry for your loss. I am grieving right along side of you. You are not alone. My mother passed away on February 28 of this year. She would have turned 60 March 15 just as Jay would have.
Be gentle with yourself.
May God grant you peace.
Love,
Holly

Lee I am so sorry to read about the loss of your husband Jay. May God bless you and your family.
Laurel

Leegardens,
My heart goes out to you and your family as I read your post. There is too much of this going on with this despicable disease. It is so frightening to have to hope for a slow progression and we can't understand why some progress so fast. What we need, of course is a cause and a cure. I pray for you to be able to go on with fond memories and do compliment you on the strength you have shown in your journey. Rick and I give our sincere condolences.

Lee,

I know you and your family have really struggled...Just know that Jay is in a better place now.

Y'all are in my thoughts and prayers. May he rest in peace.

I am sorry for your loss and that of your family.

lee,

I am sorry for your loss, may Jay rest in peace.

I want to offer two things:

My condolences on your loss.

A hug and a pat on your back for being a caregiver. You have done a great thing for him , and now its time to take care of you. Enjoy your future.

Glen

Lee, please accept my deepest sympathies for the loss your dear husband Jay. You have written a beautiful post and it is clear that yours was a wonderful marriage and that is truly inspirational. Take the time you need to grieve and I hope you find comfort in knowing that your husband left peacefully and surrounded by his loved ones.

Warmest regards.

Good morning Lee. I am so sorry for your loss of Jay. Thank you for letting us know.

AL.

Hello Lee, I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know, it is people like you who make this forum the special place that it is. Thank you for donating Jay's supplies, we all need to help each other as much as we can. Take care of yourself and your family and remember the good times.

All the best
Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back