Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Oakville
Hello to all the wonderful people on this forum ... special hello to you AL... I still wander in and about here... but, do not post that often. I thought I would share a bitterly sweet March 3rd story with you all!

On March 3rd, 2009... We marked the first anniversary of the passing of my mum. I attempted to have a "business as usual" day.... and was not successful! The phone, email and flowers began arriving on the 2nd and continued throughout the 3rd of March. A testament to the lives my mum touched throughout our journey with ALS and to those who see me as an extension of her. I'm still so honoured to have cared for her throughout her illness and am forever humbled by her fight, strength and courage until her death.

Many people have shared with me, their "dreams" of my mum at peace... and I've remained frustrated that I've yet to dream of my mum at peace... I've had plenty of tortured nightmares.. but, no peace. I was unable to go into work on the 3rd and had not slept the night before... so, I put my head down for a nap... determined to dream of my mum... What did I dream of? I had a dream that I pierced my own tongue with the kitchen scissors!? Not quite what I had hoped for. Okay... fast forward... Determined to bring some peace to my day... my wonderful children and husband took me out for dinner... we did not have a reservation, but, figured that since it was a Tuesday... it wouldn't be busy... The hostess led us to our table.. we were seated and my family just stared at the wall beside us. When I turned around to see what was had caught their attention, I was surprised to see that there were two, rather large, seahorses on the wall. Two things my mum adored.. seahorses and angels. My mum had a tattoo of a seahorse on her ankle... in memory of mum, her friends had seahorses tattooed on their ankles. I had a seahorse with angel wings tattooed on my back... just for her. I've waited for a sign for so long... and finally, there it was...

I miss her everyday... but, I have to smile when I think of her somewhere out there... always at peace!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Hi Paula-Jane. I still remember the day I met you and your mom at the clinic. It doesn't feel like a year has passed since her passing. They say that time flies when you're having fun. I didn't think I was having THAT much fun. I'm glad you finally got your sign. Some of us need those. Take care.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back