Loved one DX
Country
US
State
PA
City
Wyndmoor
Hello all -

My brother's recently been diagnosed w/ALS, and he ran across an article regarding a never published paper about a Doctor self treating ALS with Pergonal, usually used to treat infertility. I've started combing through the literature in order to see if there were any studies done, which are referenced in the letter, but so far no luck. I was hoping someone might be aware of either positive or negative results from SOME sort of followup -- certainly this should have been investigated somewhere, but I'm coming up bupkis.

Many thanks for any help or pointers,

Peter

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry Peter but I've never heard of this and I've been researching since 2002. Obviously he was incorrect, blowing smoke up everyone's butt or on the verge of starting a scam or died. So I wouldn't waste much time looking for miracle cures. There are none. Try to get out and enjoy life. Take your brother with you. He'll appreciate it more than you'll ever know.

AL.

Thanks Al for your help -- we're not looking for miracle cures here, that is at least partly why I am trying to find whether there was any followup research done on this theory, as he indicated there might have been. This was pegged as interesting by my brother as he himself has a low sperm count, so it struck a chord with him.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back