Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CA
City
LA
Hi. I am a male in my late 30s. I have always taken good care of my body and have normally been in great health. I excercised regularly and eat right. I have had many strange symptoms for about 4 months. Numb upper front teeth, shaky hands, waking up at night, muscle spasms and twitches in arms and legs, tightness in my legs, brisk reflexes. I don't feel weak. I have been to 2 different neurologists and they both examined me, gave me physical tests - strength, walking, walk on heal and toes, etc and both say I don't have ALS. All blood work is normal. MRI on my brain was normal. They keep telling me I am normal but I certainly do not feel that way. I am concerned that I may have ALS but it has not yet appeared enough for the doctor to conclude that.

The last time I was at the neuro was 2 weeks ago. Since then, I jogged last week twice - two miles each time - just to see how I was doing. I also lifted weights. Now, it is more difficult to walk and it seems that I have atrophy in my knee area. My calves and thighs look smaller.

I am really concerned and worried. What should I do?

RR15,

Hi, sorry to hear of your concerns.

Has either neuro done a emg on you yet? If not ask for one.

Welcome to the calves and thighs are thinner with twitching and no reason club!

Take care,

april

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back