Reason
PALS
Country
US
State
nj
City
new brunswick
Has anyone had weakness in their leg (early in the course of developing ALS) that moves from region to region. Sometimes my quadriceps feel weak . . . other times my hamstrings . . . other times my gluteals . . . other times my calves . . . other times my feet . . . and other times my whole darn leg. There have actually been days when my leg feels completely fine . . . then the next day I'm right back to the weakness feeling. I've actually felt it in both legs on some days . . . and on those days . . . it was the calves of both legs.

Do you actually "feel" the weakness. I'm not even sure if this feeling is a feeling of weakness.

I feel like I'm falling apart.

fmarino
my legs were my ticket to diagnosis of als. i started falling consistantly for over a year
before being diagnosed. my legs just kept getting weaker and weaker over the coarse of a year, no pain really, constant legs and feet cramping especially at night, and fisculations.
i had neck surgery last august and had to have C4-7 fused due to pressure of vertibrea
on my spinal cord, and after that my legs would also feel numb all the time. also since
then there has been a rapid deteriation of muscles, and from aug '07 to now i am now
wearing AFO's and a walker to help me walk.
i guess everyone's situation is different.
good luck!
p.s. i grew up in lakewood!

Hello Donna Jean

Did your weakness "move" from one region of your leg to another on a daily basis . . . and sometimes within the day itself. That is my main question. I will feel "weak" in my calf at one moment . . . and then later in the day it's my hamstrings . . . or my quads . . . or my glutes . . . or all of them. I've had days when it's in both calves, but it's mostly just one leg. It moves . . . and again . . . I'm not even sure if the feeling is weakness at all. What does weakness feel like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back