Status
Not open for further replies.
So hard to hear your news. God bless your family for standing with her decision.

Sharonca

Witzz,

I am sorry for your loss, but you did a great job of supporting your mother through the process. That time at the end will become very special to you as you gain some distance from it. Right now, you are probably still exhausted from the funeral and everything. When everything has settled down, I hope that you will do something for yourself to celebrate your own life.

Very sorry for your loss. May she rest in peace. What a loving child you are! Hope you and your family can find peace in knowing she is in a better place...

I'm very sorry for your loss... It is a tough thing to watch someone you love die and even to see their body shut down. We have to believe that they were comfortable at the end. I wish you love and peace as you begin the healing journey. I wish I had made the decision to sedate my mum sooner. I agree with you... this was the best thing to do and I wish I had done it a couple of days earlier.

I lost my mum March 3 and I had to go against her wishes and sedate her as she was suffering. She gave us 8 days to say our goodbyes and we sat with her day and night. My mum was able to hear right up until the last minute. She was a fighter and she did not want to go. After hours of trying to fight it... I crawled into bed with her and told her that her work was done, that she had done a great job, and that it was time to go home now. She took two small breaths and then left us.

Paula-Jane- that brought tears to my eyes! Hugs, Cindy

Hi Paula-Jane,

Sounds like you also did right by your mom. It's very hard to know you did the right thing at the end, because you never want to lose your mom. But giving her release from suffering was a great gift.

Best wishes,

Witzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back