Status
Not open for further replies.
30 days of Cipro

My body started falling apart and the weakness began after taking CIPRO for 30 straight days to take care of prostatitis. I wish I could go back and take a different antibiotic...

I took a z pac (I think, extra stong doses) of cipro at 6 weeks post partum for bladder infection, then I got c diff (a nasty colon infection) that put me in hosp, then was on 2 other IV strong antibiotics and fungals for 4 long months, and adavant for my nerves(being hosp with 6 week old at home and 2 other kids!) then I got pnuemonia and was on levequin, another nasty med......and a flu shot thrown in there! I think my immune system (I had no immune system because I just had a c section for 3rd baby) got Shot to h**L! who knows....

Kuba~
JMO, but emtional liablilty goes with als/umn and that may have been what you had as maybe a first sign. Then you took the effexor for what you may have thought was anxiety or depression but really ftd/emtional liabilty. so, you may have already had it going on before you took the drug IF it was emtional liablilty. So, It would be hard to think anti depressents cause als, My sister who works in medical field said that statics are that over 50% of population has been on a anti depressent at one time or another?

Kuba~
JMO, but emtional liablilty goes with als/umn and that may have been what you had as maybe a first sign. Then you took the effexor for what you may have thought was anxiety or depression but really ftd/emtional liabilty. so, you may have already had it going on before you took the drug IF it was emtional liablilty. So, It would be hard to think anti depressents cause als, My sister who works in medical field said that statics are that over 50% of population has been on a anti depressent at one time or another?[/QUOTE]

No no my dear I start took efexor becasue of marihunana and some situation in live it was social anxiety nothing else.I was on efexor from Febuary 2005 till June 2007 (this 2,5 of take was nightmare )in Febuary 2008 I start notice first symptoms of ALS for me its clear that antidepressants trigger on me ALS.ALS can be trigger by antidepressants in some people.

Kuba~
JMO, but emtional liablilty goes with als/umn and that may have been what you had as maybe a first sign. Then you took the effexor for what you may have thought was anxiety or depression but really ftd/emtional liabilty. so, you may have already had it going on before you took the drug IF it was emtional liablilty. So, It would be hard to think anti depressents cause als, My sister who works in medical field said that statics are that over 50% of population has been on a anti depressent at one time or another?

No no my dear I start took efexor becasue of marihunana and some situation in live it was social anxiety nothing else.I was on efexor from Febuary 2005 till June 2007 (this 2,5 of take was nightmare )in Febuary 2008 I start notice first symptoms of ALS for me its clear that antidepressants trigger on me ALS.ALS can be trigger by antidepressants in some people.Doctors or scientist no nothing about it I know becasue it was happen inside me soon after ween I went off from this.By the way after 1,5 year of therapy I start feel that my body my eyes power are changed becasue of this pils but I was thinkin that will go out ween I stop take pils but it happen worest.It was a trigger for 10000% on my case.You can say what you want I know what poisoned my body very bad.

No no my dear I start took efexor becasue of marihunana and some situation in live it was social anxiety nothing else.I was on efexor from Febuary 2005 till June 2007 (this 2,5 of take was nightmare )in Febuary 2008 I start notice first symptoms of ALS for me its clear that antidepressants trigger on me ALS.ALS can be trigger by antidepressants in some people.Doctors or scientist no nothing about it I know becasue it was happen inside me soon after ween I went off from this.By the way after 1,5 year of therapy I start feel that my body my eyes power are changed becasue of this pils but I was thinkin that will go out ween I stop take pils but it happen worest.It was a trigger for 10000% on my case.You can say what you want I know what poisoned my body very bad.

Also statics say that Poland have 40 milion population only 100 people in age 20-25 have in Poland ALS also no body in my family ever had ALS same no body in my family took antidepressants-only me and only I have ALS.

Maybe is the result of using alcohole ween I was on efexor.One thing I know and I am sure about it is that pils had much to do to trigger my ALS.

Kuba001, you say you started symtoms in February 2008. When were you diagnosed?

Kuba, as you have been repeatedly told on other forums, you do not have ALS and need to see a psychologist! Taking anti-depressants did not cause ALS because you have been told by all your doctors that you do not have ALS. Please get some help! Your attempts to convince yourself you have ALS and know what caused it is fruitless!

On Friday I go to another ALS doctor we will see what he say.Ween he say to me that is not ALS then I leave this forum and start treat Lyme disease becasue for me it can't be nothing else only two options but to the Lyme I give only 20% chance.

I've read every post on this thread, and quite frankly, i don't know whether to laugh or feel sorry for the lack of personal responsibility. Do drugs have side effects? Yes! Does any doctor worth a damn go over the possible serious side effects with the patient? Yes! Does the pharmacy/pharmacist provide written directions and cautions and warnings to the pt when filling a Rx? Yes! Do pts always listen to their doctor or read what the pharmacy provides? No!

I've read the conspiracy theories against drug companies and they are rooted in urban legend. Have some drugs been taken off the market? Yes. There's only so much a clinical trial can reveal. The FDA sets the criteria drug trials must meet.

I've read that taking neurontin, cipro, levaquin, zanax, welbutrin, statins, and a variety of anti-depressants caused ALS. I wasn't aware that the cause of ALS had been discovered? Neurological diseases, like ALS, MS, Parkinsons, Alzhiemers, and a host of others have no provable "cause".

I understand the frustration and anger, but assigning blame on some nebulous premis won't bring a cure or treatment any sooner.

I agree, It would be nice to find out that effexor, or any other certain catagory of drugs caused als! Then we could just stop taking them or making them and no one would get als........if it were that simple! There are people who never took any of these drugs but get als. I think if anything causes als, it would be the underlining reason for taking these drugs in the first place. Our immune systems, and drugs and enviroment, it could just be a perfect storm for some?

I pray that we will find a cure and a cause! but blaming an anti depressent is a little of the chain. Plus. My als Neuro (whom also does research and has als in her family) says that you have to lose 75% of your motor neurons before you start showing symptoms. SO, I was just speculating in my opinion that maybe emtional liablitly could show up first and people take an anti depressent for what they think is normal anxiety or depresssion when infact it is ftd/emtional liablilty and then think that all they ever took was effexaor? Just a thought.
Again, I dont know nothing...............just a thought for those that say drugs caused thier als.

Maybe somebody had emtional liablilty as a first symptom of ALS but not me.I know why my social anxiety sarted 5 years ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back