Diagnosis
N/A
Country
US
State
kentucky
City
florence
My father was diagnosed with AlS in the past two weeks by one doctor. We went for a second opinion yesterday and this doctor would not diagnose him without another EMG test in 4-6 weeks and further blood test results. The doctor is puzzled on why he has lossed feeling in both hands and one leg. He strongly feels it is ALS but cannot understand the sensory involvement. Has anyone else had an experience similar?

hi ROTHFUSS523

WHAT IS THE SENSORY INVOLEMENT, I AM NOT DIANOSED YET BUT GET SOME SENSORY INVOLVEMENT. PINS & NEEDLES, TINGLING. ETC.,
WHAT WERE THE RESULTS OF HIS EMG.
WASIT AN ALS SPEACLIST?
DOES HE HAVE WEAKNESS, ATROPHY, STIFFNESS, TWICHES, ETC.,

CRYSTALKK

It was a neurologist that specializes with ALS cases. He has muscle wasting in his arms amd legs along with muscle twitches. He also is extremly weak in his arms and legs. The test that puzzled the doctor was a needle test that revealed numbness frim his forearms down through his hands and some in his legs.

Do You Know What Kind Of Needle Test It Was?

I was in the room with him through the whole process. It was just a simple pin prick test with his eyes closed. Dad would tell them when he could not feel it anymore.

Hi Rothfuss,

From my experience personally and reading various ALS forums over the past several years, a loss of sensory perception is not usual with ALS. Tingling and the like are quite common but I've not heard of loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back