PALS
Diagnosis
Country
US
State
OH
City
Connecticut
Hi, I have spent nearly two months in hospital because of severe septic shock multiorgan failure needing artificial ventilation and dialysis and next major surgery. I have a return-to-work discussion approaching with my employers. I normally work for 11-hour shifts but am unable to do so because of muscular atrophy, lethargy and breathlessness suffered because of the damage cause to my lungs. Do you think I am able to seek a return to work on flexible hours and lessened hours or do you think I can seek a phased return to work. Bearing in mind that I have been off work since august 2007 and hope to return in June 2008 on lessened hours. I'd recognize your views! Thank you!

Hello haddinsoul, sorry you've had such a rough time lately. IF you are in the US, there is an advocacy group who might be able to answer your questions in detail. I think they are world-wide, actually. The group you need to search for is your local chapter for Independant Living. www.ilusa.com/links/ilcenters.htm

They offer free (or low-cost) advice for people in your exact situation! Good luck and keep us informed. Cindy

Hi, I have spent nearly two months in hospital because of severe septic shock multiorgan failure needing artificial ventilation and dialysis and next major surgery. I have a return-to-work discussion approaching with my employers. I normally work for 11-hour shifts but am unable to do so because of muscular atrophy, lethargy and breathlessness suffered because of the damage cause to my lungs. Do you think I am able to seek a return to work on flexible hours and lessened hours or do you think I can seek a phased return to work. Bearing in mind that I have been off work since august 2007 and hope to return in June 2008 on lessened hours. I'd recognize your views! Thank you!

Thanks in advance.

Hello haddinsoul, sorry you've had such a rough time lately. IF you are in the US, there is an advocacy group who might be able to answer your questions in detail. I think they are world-wide, actually. The group you need to search for is your local chapter for Independant Living. www.ilusa.com/links/ilcenters.htm

They offer free (or low-cost) advice for people in your exact situation! Good luck and keep us informed. Cindy

Thanks for your replay.

So was the link helpful? I am hoping you can resolve this soon...Cindy

Are evening or morning jogs better ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back