Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
WV
City
Sandyville
I used to have a cool laugh. Not obnoxious and usually infectious. Now I sound like Arnold Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter :(

Vince

So, Vince, now you give everyone else a good laugh? Seriously, any laugh is a good laugh!

Yea...I really miss being able to speak legibly, can't laugh without gasping for air.:(

Must be the norm. It's not very lady like, snort, snort! my hubby manages to say a funny when I have something in my mouth that promptly flys through the air or trickles down my shirt if I'm not careful. Sometimes I think he plans it that way! I just let it happen, there's not to too much to laugh about theses days, I'll take a good knee slapped when I can get it.
Being grateful I can still laugh is my awareness for today! Tomorrow may be a different story. I am Blessed!

>I really miss being able to speak legibly, can't laugh without gasping for air.

me 2 -- can't laugh w/o coughing fit :-(

Attachments

• 10154527_749097458453854_3944206437428115450_n.jpg
    10154527_749097458453854_3944206437428115450_n.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 177
I used to have a cool laugh. Not obnoxious and usually infectious. Now I sound like Arnold Horseshack from Welcome Back Kotter :(

Vince

Vince, great description! My pals too! Made us both laugh. Thanks!

Sherry

Vince, typically I have no idea how to upload a you tube video...I vaguely remember welcome back Kotter (sorry, I was very young!).
Any chance you could upload a video?
Then you could laugh at us, laughing at the video, that you are laughing at...what a bunch of laughing little vegemites we would be...
J x

Vince
Vince I just love you! Thank you!
I think if that's how you laugh these days...it is waaaay cool! I would sit and make you laugh for as long as you could stand it...just to see you smile and hear that sound!
God bless, Janelle x

Never ever did I think I would be diagnosed with a MND, then join a forum, and find myself laughing more than I moan and cry.

Thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart. I am starting to feel like an actual person again and not just the sad by-product of a disease.

I'm not saying I don't have bad/sad and low self-pitying days, but at least when I do, I have something to remind me to pull it together and find some laughter.

And by the way, Arnold Horseshack was my favourite character. All these years later, not a soul as forgotten his laugh. Think about it. :)

Last edited:
>Thanks everyone from the bottom of my heart. I am starting to feel like an actual person again and not just the sad by-product of a disease

:)

It's true, Chris did develop a horseshack laugh.

I used to love that show, and am still known occasionally to suddenly raise my hand in a conversation and go 'oh oh oh' ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back