Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
UK
State
South Lanarkshire
City
glasgow
Hi there I just thought I would give a little update to what has been happening with me. I posted on here on the 28th August 2014 as I was complaining of sore shoulder and pain in my neck and I know now after learning loads over the past 9 months that this is sensory symptoms. I started twitching shortly after posting on the forum and it started out on my right calve and then my left but I can feel my right calve twitch but not my left then 2 lower eyelid twitches which lasted weeks on end but they went away and then my fingers started moving by themselves and finally a hotspot of twitch on my left bicep but none on my right bicep.

I went to 4 doctors with this but they examined me and said nothing is wrong but for some reason I didnt believe them so I paid privately too see a neurologist who did a full cinical exam and diagnosed me with BFS, he said there was no need for an EMG. i'm 9 months in with this and its pretty tough too start with as it was hard too believe I had bfs, I have another appointment with my neuro in 5 weeks time he didnt arrange it but my doctor because he knows nothing on bfs and wants too see what the next step is.

I'm sorry I annoyed people on here with my moaning and I was very stupid thinking I have this terrible disease and embaressed I thought I did have this in the first place but I wish at the start I knew twitching has nothing too do with ALS and clinical weakness followed by atrophy is and then finally twitching.

Please everyone dont Google twitches as they lead you to severe anxiety and dont believe Dr Google. I never heard of BFS too the neuro told me about this.

Thanks for all the help previously.

Josh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back