Do these symptoms sound ALS related or alarming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

USMC1

Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Miami
Hello all, sorry to bother. But I don't know where else to look for opinions. I have been to the doc/neurologist but there are still some tests I need. For the past, I'd say maybe 1-2 months, or even just a bit before, I have felt pretty lazy, etc. My arms (both) feel very weak, sometimes my legs. But now it's mostly both my arms. I am able to carry/hold things without a problem I think, but they just feel so heavy and weak (my arms). I have noticed, that when I do something physical, like jump a lot, they seem to feel stronger, etc. Does that mean I need more exercise? I have twitched also in the past, not much now though. When I went to the neurologist, he checked my reflexes, everything was fine and what not. This was about 2 months ago though. And I need newer tests. I've heard of some having symptoms for years before being diagnosed. Does this sound like it? Does it sound serious? I understand none of you can diagnose me, but I'm just looking for your opinions. Thank you all in advance.

If it is ALS you can't "do things" and feel stronger. You never get stronger; just progressively weaker. You've got something else going on.

I agree with Mediasmart. ALS is a progressive disease, it never gets better. The fact you feel better after exercise points away from ALS. More exercise is the last thing PALS do as it may damage their already weakening muscles. Has to be something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back