Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
California
City
Los Gatos
Hello,

I am a occupational therapy student at San Jose State University. Two of my peers and I would like to interview someone from this community for an assignment that we have. It would be completely anonymous for you. Please contact me if you are willing to be interviewed.

If you are willing and live in the San Jose area, I would love to meet you in person to conduct the interview.

The interview will be questions about occupational performance and your experiences with ALS.

Thank you in advance,

Pete

PS. You don't need to be in the San Jose area to be interviewed. We can do it online or over the phone if that works best for you. Thanks again.

Also, I understand that there is a support group at Good Samaritan tomorrow 11/09/2013. If someone plans to go to this group and can meet afterword, that would be great. My classmate called Kim Venezia and she mentioned that there wouldn't be time for such questions during the group.

If someone is will to help but cannot meet or talk over the phone, I could email my questions.

I suggest you contact the local ALS association in your area. they may be able to help you. I hope you understand that we get students here on a regular basis asking the same as you, and it makes us feel like a freak show. I think if you spend time reading some of the posts here, you will learn a lot in an un obtrusive way.

Good luck in school

I suggest you contact the local ALS association in your area. they may be able to help you. I hope you understand that we get students here on a regular basis asking the same as you, and it makes us feel like a freak show. I think if you spend time reading some of the posts here, you will learn a lot in an un obtrusive way.

Good luck in school

Thank you for your response. Understand that students are looking to learn first hand about the disease. Reading in books and online is not the same or as personal for learning. We are the people who treat and provide treatment for your community. I do 100% respect your opinion and response and am looking at the local support group, but they only meet one time per month.
I certainly do not wish to ask anybody to do something that they are uncomfortable with, but maybe there is someone willing to help me out. Thanks again.

I think the attitude in your response is pretentious. I don't need a lesson from YOU on what you are studying and how you will help our community--as that remains to be seen. You are right, reading in a book or online is not the same as personal learning, but this forum is FILLED with personal experiences and knowledge--it just takes time for you to read and look for what you want. you could learn more than you ever want to know about ALS from these pages.

I suggested the local ALSA because they may know someone willing to talk with you--I don't think your place would be at a meeting--that would be insensitive on your part to attend a support group and ask them to help you with your school work.

I'm very early stage so would help if I can ONLY if your intent is to help others.

I think the attitude in your response is pretentious. I don't need a lesson from YOU on what you are studying and how you will help our community--as that remains to be seen. You are right, reading in a book or online is not the same as personal learning, but this forum is FILLED with personal experiences and knowledge--it just takes time for you to read and look for what you want. you could learn more than you ever want to know about ALS from these pages.

I suggested the local ALSA because they may know someone willing to talk with you--I don't think your place would be at a meeting--that would be insensitive on your part to attend a support group and ask them to help you with your school work.

amen, Barbie

Hello Mediasmart, I sent you a message in your profile. Thank You.

Hi Barbie,
I really apologize if I came across as pretentious. That was not my intention. I really am just working to gain knowledge. My assignment is to conduct an interview, otherwise I would do as you suggested. Yesterday I stopped by the local ALS support group and simply left my info with the leader to pass along to anybody who may be interested. I agree that it would be insensitive of me to attend the group uninvited. I truly hope you except my apology.

I do not see what the problem would be to help this student out with his assignment. It will also raise awareness of ALS. Pete, I would be happy do an interview for you.

It appears that there are only 2 posters on this thread that actually have ALS and neither mind doing an interview. The rest of you are non-pals and shouldn't even being replying!

if you do your research you'll find that according johns-hopkins als clinic- pls is a form of als

if you do your research you'll find that according johns-hopkins als clinic- pls is a form of als

Don’t start pretending that you have ALS because you do not. PLS progresses at a much slower rate than ALS, and most importantly PLS is not fatal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back