Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry again,i have a new question,i wanna ask about difficulty in swallowing,how is it? i think i have it...

I feel badly if you are in such turmoil.

Since you are in medical school, surely you have plethora of actual doctors, in all specialties, available to you?

We are not doctors.

yes,but they dont take it serious,they tell me it's just because of stress,but i don't think so...i feel worse day by day,i can't control myself,i wanna just sleep to be far from those bad thoughts that ruin me...i think im too young to be like this,even my brother who is a doctor thinks it's nothing to be worry about but I still feel bad...i can't run because my right legs gets tired soon,my right hand is very stiff and tired all the time,the twitches bother me,and now i feel everything i eat in my throat for several hours,sending foods from my mouth to my esophagus is difficult...does it sound like als?

Sounds like stress NOT ALS.
Maybe you are in the wrong field of study, and it's stressing you out.
Think about what you want to do with your life, and go do it!

I thought yesterday you were getting the fact that stress is causing your problems. You are making yourself sick with anxiety and stress. I think you should seek some kind of counciling and possible medication. I wish you peace.

I think you should not pursue the medical field. You're stressing yourself out and not handling it well. Stress can put your body in a tail spin.

but i haven't studied anything about medical yet...i haven't been dealing with disease and etc...why do you think it's because of my studying field?

Vahid93 stress over als is very common amongst medical people because they know so much and some symptoms are similar to anxiety
please believe me when i say i was frozen with anxiety for 2 years - they are lost years . If you dont conquer this now you are in danger of losing your career - please get help for your anxiety
i still have a neurological illness - the worrying never stopped that happening !

if changing my field help surely i'll change it...but i love medical,it was my favorite field
do you think all my symptoms is because of anxiety?!

yes! Go enjoy your life! Do great in school and remember us!

i went to the neuro today,i told him that i think my right calf in smaller than the left,he touched it and accepted,but told its a very very little difference,and told me that he is sure that is not because of als or other mnd...but sent me to take another emg of my whole body,including bulbar and tonge...but im almost sure it is als,because there is not any other conditions causing atrophy and this kind of weakness i have
im really getting mad,really,really afarid

Oh my goodness. Well it is probably not als. I don't have als I have mitochondrial myopathy and it took a muscle biop spy to determine it. There is no use getting mad or afraid, it will not change the outcome. All you are doing is making yourself sick. You need to be patient it took 5 years to get my answers. I am not saying it will take you that long but with some it has or it could take months. It is a process of elimination, there is not just one test that will determine you problem. Mean while I wish you peace.

so now you mean that i have a real problem,and no more you think its because of anxiety?

It doesn't matter what I think, we have tried to reassure you but you aren't or don't want to listen. All I am is saying that getting mad is not going to help, it won't change anything. Remember that this is time you have now, you will never get back and later down the road you will look back and wish you had done something better with it. I wish you peace.

thank you,I try to calm myself altough it's more difficult to do it now...wish you peace too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back