Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all, I miss our Sharon as well, and pray that she is soaring through the heavens...

Kim, you've got a lot on your plate between your Dad and trying to be there for the kids... sending you a hug, you need to keep yourself going if you 're going to be any help to them. So remember to give yourself permission to do that.

Sharon,

You were a blessing to us all. You are a testament to life well lived. You served all selflessly, lovingly, and compassionatly. You are missed, you are loved, you are home, and you are free. I raise a cup to you, I am honored to have known you. HALLELUJAH blessed be!

I'm slowly feeling a little bit better. Thought of Sr. Sharon today and prayed for her. Hope you all have a good week. Thank you for all your support. I will be peaking in from time to time but am keeping myself off the DIHALS links. Kim

Hang in there Kim!

hot soup in the crockpot. too cold to go out

Mmmmmmmm. What kind of soup MP? It is still very cold here also. I think it is -18F. In Celsius it's -26 with a windchill of -34.

Either way it's cold. Chipping ice off the inside of my windows.only happens once a year for about 10 days... Think it hey predict warmer temps by Sunday.

corn chowder with bacon! wish i could bbake somes scones to go with it

MP ... Please send recipe for corn chowder.

Have to share some good news: (for a change)

Received an email from two of the partners at the law firm where I used to work. Please keep in mind, that's it's coming up on 2 years since my departure. In fact I left after 15 years, in a snit. A blood on the floor kinda snit. (I know now, in retrospect, that my uncharacteristic non stop crying at the time and my clouded judgment were the start of my ALS).

Anyway, the message from them is that they are holding an ALS fundraiser in March because of their " affection" for me. I was blown away. Shocked. This came out of the blue. They also said I was missed (who knew?) and many people want to say hello, so they hope I will attend their musical evening. All proceeds from ticket sales will be for the ALS Society, Ottawa chapter.

This sure kicked the " blues" out of my day!

Glad to hear some good news Elaine. That is so awesome. Hope you are having a nice weekend.

Elaine, what a wonderful thing for them to do! Brrrr...I don't miss the cold! We have a yellow and a pink rose blooming in our courtyard.

MP, corn chowder is on my list of things to try.

Kim, so glad you're feeling better.

I have a lump in my throat, especially since my mum was recently placed in an extended care facility. Greatest care and mum knows it but nothing anybody says or does can change the way she feels about being there. I will print this poem off for her. Thanks.

Vicki. I got a lump in my throat especially because my mum was recently placed in an extended care facility. The care is amazing and much needed. Mum knows that too but nothing anybody says or does to reassure her can make her feel better about being there. Thanks for your post. Yasmin.

I must be special as my post showed up twice! ;)

You ARE special! :). I hope your mom finds some 'angels' there and it gets better for her.

Elaine - wonderful news. Glad it brightened your day. Will you try to attend?

elaine that is great news. i hopee you do attend.
yasmin i'm sry about your mom i hope with time she will find it makes her life easier and guilt free. ( i feel guilty for taking my kids time now)
corn chowder was good, i think next time more bacon and 2 cans cream corn and more seasonings, tho with my taste issues that might just be me

.1/2 lb bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 cups cubed peeled potatoes
2 cups Green Giant® Valley Fresh Steamers® Niblets® frozen corn (from 12-oz bag), thawed
1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
1 can (18 oz) Progresso™ Recipe Starters™ creamy roasted garlic cooking sauce
1 can (14.75 oz) Green Giant® cream style sweet corn
1 tablespoon sugar
1 cup milk
• 1 Spray 6- to 7-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. In 10-inch skillet, cook bacon until crisp; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
• 2 Place bacon in slow cooker. Ad
• d remaining ingredients except milk; stir to combine.
• 3 Cover; cook on Low heat setting 4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Stir in milk. Cover; cook about 30 minutes longer or until hot. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back