Come for tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been chasing that rainbow and little green man for a while now and still haven't caught him!
We have a black cat that is feral and runs the neighborhood. He hangs out in our back yard by our shed. Its okay with me I haven't seen a rat in a couple of years. I yell at him when he chases the bunnies though.

Hey Y'all,

Just thought I'd jump in here a sec. Talking about the cats.....when my wife and I met, she had two female long haired cats, mother and daughter. The mother, Sissy, was her favorite, although she loved them both, naturally. Anyway, Sissy got her tail stepped on (not be either one of us, thank goodness), and it had to be amputated......three times, because it would not heal. Finally, the last time, it healed.

So then, she was this funny looking bob-tailed little cat, with really long hair that bounced when she 'pranced' across the floor. They lived up until about '06. Both passed within a few months of each other. Of course she/we missed them, and one day, a few months later, I had a chance to get another cat for her. Or so I thought.

One of the guys I was working with had three little Mynx kittens, all males, the female unfortunately didn't make it. I thought Mynx....bob-tail.....perfect! I drive out to his house by myself (she was busy, couldn't go), about 30 miles away, and they meet me in the driveway with this cute little kitten. As soon as it saw me, it shot into my arms, like I had saved it's life! And judging from the other 4 cats, 2 dogs, 3 kids and complete chaos at their house, maybe I did.

Anyway, as soon as we got in the car, the little guy scampered up onto the back of my neck, lying across my shoulders, and rode about half way home like that. Then he came down and sat on my lap the rest of the way home. That did it. He bonded with me, instead of her. I took him in the house, put him in her lap.....nothing doing. He came straight back to me. Now, I like the little rascal, but he was supposed to be HER cat, not mine!

So here we are, with this 4 1/5 year old, alpha male, Mynx cat, that thinks I'm it's daddy. He rides everywhere with me in the car. People think he's a dog, at first glance, because he stands up on his back legs and looks out the side window while we're going down the road. I take him with me to the golf course when the weather is not too hot or too cold. He will sit in the car for 4 or 5 hours, whatever it takes me to play (of course I have food and water, and a litter box for him, which he rarely uses, in the car), and just be happy as a clam! Never seen a cat like that.

Well, I'm not complaining, but I wish the sister had lived, I would have taken her. I think they would have bonded perfectly. Guess it wasn't meant to be. And that's my cat story. This guy, his name is Rocky, now rules our house, as all cats do, and has both of us as his personal slaves.
I now believe it's true, that 'we pick dogs, but cats pick us'.

Oh my gosh! I did not know I so dumb. We had to buy a new toaster after I don't know how many years. I did not want a cheap one but I did not realize that there were so many and the features they have.

We picked one from the middle price range and did not look too complicated. I have made 3 pieces of what you could call toast. the 1st was warm bread, the 2nd was burnt. I felt like goldilocks trying to get it just right. My son had to show me this microscopic arrow on the setting knob that pointed to the number selection when you turned it. It has a button for bagels, a button for frozen and a cancel button which I found when burning the 2nd piece. My son said he would put some model paint on the arrow so I can see it easier!

It makes me feel old, I mean our toaster was easy put the bread in and the knob was shaped with a pointed spot. Yes it was electric, not one from the days of old where you used the oven and had to turn the bread. :confused: :lol:

h4h, I love the cat story. its amazing. Vickie I did the samething with the toaster. it's hard to find just a_______ anything. everything has 6000 uses. I just want a phone that's a good phone, a camera that's a camera, a toaster that's a toaster

Here4her what a lovely story. We need a picture of Rocky please.

O.K. Laurel, I put a few pics of Rocky on my profile page.....album. He looks pretty harmless, but I've seen him send two dogs at once running for cover. Only when he has to, otherwise, very docile and friendly.

Oh, and obviously I misspelled Manx........you knew what I meant.

Hello beautiful tea sippers and fellow baconators. -

Just letting ya'll know, I'm leaving for Lourdes, France tomorrow. It's a pilgrimage and we will also visit several other sacred places and churches. I will light the biggest candle for our community of PALS and CALS.

I'm hoping that prayers, AFO, cane and two sisters will keep me upright and sure footed on the cobblestones. We return on April 19. (After three days on our own in Paris- woohoo!)

Aurevoir mes amies et amis !

Have a great time. Eat a croissant for me!

Hi Everyone,
Hope everyone's week is going well. The weather here in Central Illinois has been beautiful the last few days and in the middle 70's. But, its supposed to get down to the mid-fifties in the next few days. Sunday, was nice and my dad's caretaker took dad out for a drive. Dad was thrilled to get out of the house. My two boys will be playing baseball again this summer through our park district. My dad enjoys going to their games. My dad lives right near the parks so its convenient. Take care everyone I'm praying for you. Kim

Hey fellow tea drinkers

We have had thunder and lightening for nearly 3 hours and no rain yet. Quite the light show going on. We have had some really pretty weather here too Kim. I sat out on my back patio and soaked up the warm sun. Birds singing, and I even saw a butterfly! I got buzzed by a huge bumblebee, I think he like the smell of my shampoo. Thats when I went in the house.

Enjoying reading everyone's posts, but your making me jealous. Does anyone else feel like their taste buds are dying?

My husband does all of the cooking now, and he often does yummy, gourmet things but lately I can't enjoy it. Everything is just bland, although last night some Asian- esque Cole-slaw was too sweet.

This is definitely affecting the quality of life.:-x

Als doesnt' affect the senses. Are you on any medications? It could be a side effect. Or something else medical could be going on. I would brign it up on your next dr visit.

Some people say as we age that older people like more spicier foods. I know I put more pepper on my food than I did when I was young.

shmutz many pals have taste issues,. I can no longer tastes sweets, mostly they taste like salt. fruit taste terrible and sometimes causes sores in my mouth. that's y I enjoy the virtual sweets at the tea table

Good morning everyone, colder today and forecast for tomorrow is for 1-3" of snow/slush. Can someone send me some sunshine and warmth please.

Dana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back