Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
NY
City
Windsor
I am 31 years old and began twitching all over my body, 12 months ago (just after running a half marathon). I have twitching and tremors in almost every muscle that come and go. My legs and arms fatigue easily and shake, I feel pulsing throughout various parts of my body. I don't notice weakness during an activity however after even a simple activity I feel weak. I do have a lot of anxiety about this. MRI (2 months into twitching) and EMG (five months before the twitching) were fine. Last week, I noticed some speech difficulty, however that seems to be fine now (it comes and goes). Two days ago I began to have a gagging feeling in my throat and am yawning more frequently. After yawning I feel a gagging sensation. Could this be bulbar onset of ALS after a year of twitching? I was finally at ease with my twitching feeling as thought it was most likely BFS and then the speech, gagging, and yawning began. I would appreciate any feedback

Hi there!

What did your doctor say about this? Do you see a neurologist? We are no MD's here, a diagnoses should come from your doctor, not from a forum! I hope your problems will resolve! Take care!

Hi, first of all, stop worring till it's time to worry, second see your doctor and get answers from him/her, do all the testing and try not to think the worst right off. Worrying can cause lots of symptoms, but cannot change the future. See your doc they will give you the answers you need. Best Wishes for a good diagnosis.

And typically, the EMG would pick up problems in areas long before you'll notice. For instance, the EMG I had 2 years ago picked up problems in my arms which weren't a problem at all back then... now they are.

Good luck!

What made you have an EMG 5 months before the twitching? What did your neurologist say was wrong with you?
What is you follow up schedule if any?

Alyoop...I went for an EMG after tingling in my back, I feel it was unrelated to what is happening now but regardless I ended up with a fairly clean EMG. My neuro is saying BFS but that was before the speech concerns. I am guessing it is good that it comes and goes and not having any significant weakness.

First off, twi tch ing is at the end stage of the di sease not at the fore front. And its not all over to start with either. I have mine in the places the limbs started deteriorating in. As in, the arch side of my right foot, the back side of my bicep of my left arm and on the right hand between thumb and first finger. I have been a quad since November and never noticed them until recently.

You need to quit oo gl ing doc tor go og le and get yourself back to a real doc tor if you are that concerned.

Oh and 02, read the stickies. One by Alyoop and there's a post that says ALS or BFS....... by Joni check them out please.

If it had been ALS--it would have shown up in the EMG done several months ago. Signs on an EMG show up long before symptoms do. We can't say "nothing' is wrong--but there is a saying here: CLEAN EMG=NO ALS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back