02/2011
Country
US
State
NH
City
Nashua
It saddens me beyond belief to say that my Dad passed away this morning @ 2:30

I can not believe it has only been about 13 months since his diagnosis.

My Dad went to the hospital this past wednesday having a hard time breathing. First thought was pneumonia, turns out he had Ileus which is "sluggish" bowel movement & excessive gasses that pushed up against his lungs. First hospital he was at was horrible, had no clue how to treat a ALS patient. We had him moved to Lahey Clinic which took amazing care of him~truly amazing! We are all so grateful that they made my Dad so comfortable.

It was determined that his breathing was not going to improve one bit. Everytime they tried to take his bipap off his oxygen levels dropped dramatically. Because my Dad chose not to be vented or feeding tube we as a family decided to remove his bipap and make him comfortable with morphine. The poor guy was sooooo tired and we just wanted him at peace.

I will never forget all of you here, you all have been so nice, wonderful and not just with me but others. You all are truly amazing~Love to you all!

Dad may you rest in peace, PEACE finally! We will miss you terribly and forever!

Love You!

May your whole family find peace.

I'm so sorry. It's good that he was comfortable at the end. Sending you warm thoughts and my deepest condolences. Yasmin.

Prayers for you and your family!

Judy

God Bless you and yours. May God grant you peace of mind and heart. You are a good kid and your father was very fortunate to be the recipient of your love.

So sorry for your loss.

AL.

so sorry for your loss. prayers fr you and your family

I'm sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace.

So sorry to hear about your father's passing, SixthKid. Many thoughts and prayers for you and the rest of your family at this time.

Very sorry for the loss of your father. Thinking of you and your family.

~ Sarah

Sorry to hear of the loss of your father Sixthkid, my thoughts are with you and your family.

I"m sorry for your loss. Prayers to y0ou and y0our family.

Sixth Kid, I am sorry for the loss of your Dad.

Sixthkid, I am so very sorry. I hope you and your family will be able to find peace.

So sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and thoughts to you and your family.

sharlene

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back