Whine and Cheese

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awww Diane. I totally understand the hug thing. Why don't you let people know to put your arms over their shoulders when you want a hug or want to give a hug. It's make do I know, but it's still close contact. Bob used to give the best hugs! Made me feel so safe and secure. I miss those! I miss him!

Our house is all windows - with hardwood on the floors. Good and bad - at certain times of the day you can see the dust on the floors (we live out in the country). That's not really a whine is it? Maybe I should have a glass of real wine!

I'm not a hoarder, but I did just rescue a flannel shirt from the trash. One little hole in the elbow! Is that enough to toss out an old friend? ;-)

Tomby, no I don't think that classifies you as a true hoarder. Now, if the shirt was a rag that had multiple holes that you saved from the trash years ago, that you were someday going to sew back together to make a shirt, but haven't done so...yet...that ...my friend I would classify as a hoarder. ;)

Diane Honey, I'm about to jump in my care to you and get a huge bear hug from/for you! Put the kettle on or pop open a bottle of Chardoney and I'll be there sometime around lunch tomorrow.

I secretly throw out Brad's old holey t-shirts, briefs and socks when he's not looking. I think he just chooses a hole to put any of it on. He's such a man! ;)

Cheese, big smile, going home, love Dear Toto.
Dear Toto................um can't think of a whine right now so my cheesy smile will have to do.

Ok. I was going to tea, but I decided to whine instead. I have pba (emotional laughing/crying thing) and it has been well controlled byNuedexta. I do not mind the laughing even if it is at in appropriate times, but the crying is just terrible. Anyway I have been doing great for a long time. Then today...
I have been so happy that my 88 year old Mom could finally understand me over the phone using my loaned (from closet) iPad with software. Today however, she could not understand any word that I typed. I got so frustrated, and then started crying and whooping' and .. Oh what a mess. I feel like a truck hit me.
I am due to go to Florida with my 18 year old daughter on Saturday... Maybe it just nerves.
Waaaaa whine...whine...
Thanks that got my mind away from starting to cry again.
By the way, I have a German Shepard who is great with people, but terrible with dogs (and my vet). We haveto muzzle her when we take her cause. She tries to bite the ve. When we make an appt. we remind them of who "Sadie" is, and they put us in a room Right away

Ha ha, after Kim defined "true hoarder" mine no longer qualify. Maybe I'm more of a pitcher and they less of hoarders. I must admit my husband does stop by the trash can on his way into the house after being gone for more than an hour or so looking to see if anything "good" is in there. I've learned to but the "good" stuff under the technicolour veggies and it limits the amount that returns for a second life. Kel, very funny about the scooters. I just LOVE it when they think of something that they used to have and haven't looked for in 10 years or more and then you get to tell them, nope gone...., I especially like it when I can add, "we never even had it in THIS country for goodness sake, how bad could you need it!" Diane, I am so sorry about your hugging. I still can hug but can't kiss any more so it's sort of the same thing. I get kissed lots but can't do more than press my slack lips to my kids heads. It sucks big time so I can empathise. Good to see you posting by the way, does this mean that the dragon is tamed and the power chair behaving?

Well Ladies and Gents, 3 pages on our first day. I guess we all needed to whine a little.

Tomby, that shirt is practically new. Andan idea for holey cotton items, they make great dust rags. That is if you could get anybody to dust it for you. Also, cover the broom and get cobwebs in your corners of your ceilings.

Cervus, I have 51 windows and heartpine floors. You can see dust bunnies everywhere. That's what we need to do is find someone in each area willing to clean like we used to be able to do. And free of course.

Diane, I can't give hugs either but I sure love receiving them. Just wished my children would understand. One of them comes in and put her cheeks close to mine without touching and then says see ya later. As for the husband, well we know I shouldn't hold my breath on him. 2 more posts came in so back to reading.

OMG 51 windows, and short on hugs...
Boy I feel bad for whining...
Thanks you guys. For just being here

HAH, you never saw my Dad's "room" which used to be a living room... we used to clear it out every few years and organize it when he went on his Air Force reunions. So one time we bought and put together probably 10 bookcases, they were in the room like a library to get them all in there, and filled them with the books that were stacked everywhere. He also had about 20 other bookshelves already filled with manuals, computer guides, electronic guides, etc. When he passed away a few years later, he had 38 books on html programming, 4 of the exact same book, none were read. And btw, he didn't have a working computer because he was trying to build his own... no one could figure out what he had done to the original computer, so the whole thing was junked! I still can't get over the 38 books on the same subject, which were not read (we could always tell when he read something because he would underline everything!)

Diane- you could finds something soft to tie around your wrists and then have said hugger wrap your arms around then. They can hang onto the ropes on your wrist.

Another story about my Dad, the hoarder... he also had at least $5,000 in quarters hidden about the living room! Do you know how heavy $500 worth of quarters is? We had to call the bank and my brothers carry them out (they were too heavy for me to even carry) to the van, which kept getting lower and lower.

Beauti, she sounds like 2 of our dogs. We have to muzzle both of them. A couple of years ago, my chusband took the golden receiver mix for shots. Well all was dandy until the vets aide came up from behind him and he chomped at her...muzzled ever since. The other one, Botox, is a Sharpeii-Lab mix is one of the nastiest dogs ever. But if you bring him inside, he's sweet as candy. Can't trust him either.

Aly, you had better not whine in the middle of your winter about needing to get away. You didn't once open your suitcase to let me see any sights.

Diane, boy I sure have missed you. I'm glad dragon is behaving this evening. I guess kitty is enjoying being carried everywhere now.

Liz what a wonderful idea. I will try something similar on my son. He's not a hugger or kisser. Born that way. From day 1 he would never look you in the eye. Took the speech therapist ti grade 3 to look you in the eye. What a shame because he's cute as well as smart.

Helen, your dad reminds me of me. She with the most fabric, wins. So a few years ago I had a yard sale and sold all of my fabric. Put the sewing machines away and haven't looked back. Just wished I had taught the girls how to sew.

Here is my whine for the day. Drives me nuts that there are certain ppl in this world, that no matter what experience you have had, they have had it too and soooo much worse. Somehow these ppl think the conversation always has to go back to them. Very annoying.
I will have some Muenster, please.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back