Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Centerville
Everyone's life is a combination of frustrations and blessings. Having a terminal, debilitating illness magnifies both. It is easy and a mistake to dwell on the torment of life's frustrations. It is just as easy, but also a mistake to only focus on life's blessings. However, realizing that a purposeful and fulfilling life is a balance of both is very difficult. In this post I am attempting to do just that and invite you to join me.

:cry: Losing my voice
:wink: Still being able to walk hand in hand with my husband

Frustrations...not being able handle a chef's knife
Blessings..having a husband who really likes takeout Chinese food and doesn't mind running for it as if it is no big thing

Frustration: Losing the ability to walk.
Blessings: So many people offer to help.

FRUSTRATION; Not being able to speak clearly
BLESING;When I do speak, people listen!

frustrations - saying "goodbye" to each little piece of functionality, one at a time, knowing it will never come back
blessings - finding out how many people truly care about me and their response when they found out

thank you for doing this today. My Bible reading was in Matthew 5 - "who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? ...do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own."

Frustration - not having enough strength to pick my daughter up

Blessing - having enough strength to hold her hand

Great post Lizzie, thanks!

Frustration. Not being able to speak to my grandbaby.
Blessing. Able to walk and have full use of arms and fingers.

Frustration, Having slurred speech and not being able to talk on the phone.
Blessing, I can walk, clean and cook. Having a wonderful husband.
My Mom always said, no matter how bad you think you have it, there are people that have problems 10 X worse

Frustration: Having to write everything I want to say.
Blessing: Since writing requires thought, i no longer put my foot in my mouth.

Frustration: Not being able to knit or crochet
Blessing: My wonderful husband who helps me and doesn't complain and keeps the jokes coming.

Frustration: not being able to walk without major assistance
Blessing: CCALS, who gave me a scooter so I can zip around and still do things, and my family (and friends) who help me take it apart and put back together whenever we go places.

Frustration: Hand/arm strength and coordination stink and legs can still just barely walk
Blessing: A helpful family and I can still talk and eat like pre als days.

Great thread. What amazing people on this forum. People with a great sense of humour, strength and so much courage.

not meant to trivialize the thread....

Frustration: Not being able to do housework.

Blessings: Not being able to do housework.

Ha - I'm with you jb63!

Yesterday at church I sat with a couple that she has 5 more radiation treatments (daily) for breast cancer that has metastisized to the front of her brain. She is swollen and in pain but has a good attitude - still working but not driving. We were each asked "what do you want in 2012?" for a discussion question. She said "healing" and I just seconded - never said anything about my situation. I am actually grateful this isn' cancer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back