Jason's Dream

Distinguished member
Country
US
State
As Usual
City
On My Own
I have Acute Bronchitis and am hacking coughing to the point of holding onto countertops to not lose my balance, peeing when I cough, or getting to the gag stage and puking. This has been going on for 4 days!

In the meantime, I'm still doing laundry, still doing dishes, picking up trashing, taking it out, still takign care of Jason, helping him pee, poop, eat, etc.. still taking care of a 5 month old and a 3 year old and all thier potty and eating needs, etc.....

My head is pounding and I just want to crash in the bed or run away. When do we get a break? When do I get to have a sick day?

Just losing my sense of humor right now.

I'm so sorry! Can you call the ALSA and get some respite help, perhaps? Feel better! Any family that can come in and help? Hope the docs can give you something to make you feel better!

Thanks. Our ALSA Chapter is a small chapter that does not have respite help. No family members to come in to help. Doc did prescribe something today, but it doesn't seem to be taking the cough. :( Thanks again. Just a bit of a low day for me I guess. :(

So sorry you are sick. Everything is so much harder when that's in the mix too. Hope you feel a bit better soon xox

Everyone has low days! I sure have. Don't beat yourself up for needing a break. Have you talked about hospice? I understand that one of their services is some respite care. Sounds like you could really use their help. Hope you are feeling better soon. Wish there was more that we could do for you.
Janis

I can understand where you are coming from.

You need to take care of yourself because Bronchitis is serious and takes a lot out of you energy wise.

Have you tried calling your local hospital to see if they have any respite volunteers or call Red Cross or some other agency that might be able to help? I know In canada Red cross sends Personal support workers to sit with and help termanally ill patients. Just so you could get some rest it would be worth it even if they required a donation or a small fee.

And on top of it all having kids sheesh your a saint! but when you need help it's okay to ask for it. Maybe even call a social worker in your area that might be able to suggest options for you. There are resources out there it's just finding them that is the problem.

I've had roughly the same thing going on here - but no babies. My heart goes out to you. I find that patience is the hardest part of being sick. I admit it. I have absolutely no patience right now. I just want my sinuses to drain. I just want the headache to go away. If I could just get in bed and sleep. At your expense, I will have a better day today knowing it could be worse. Wishing you well...

You are a special person. And you know what? You just get good at it, 'cause it just seems to keep happining like that!
I had 6 kids and at the same time, packed their lunches, drove them to and from school 800 miles per week with a baby in tow and
a live-in 90 year old grandmother who had cancer and eventually died in our bathtub...... and we had one bathroom for 9 people.
Our house was a 7 bedroom old farmhouse, so we at least had plenty of room. I tutered in the school.... worked hard in our church...
helped my roofer husband type contracts, and cut everyone's hair, gave Gram her perms etc etc etc. God bless.
It does get easier as times goes by and the children grow to be more help. Senior people pass on... and you get your life back...
meanwhile.... just get good at it!

Jason is a very young man, and your husband. My husband just turned 50. It is just not the same as helping an older person. That seems to be a bit more of the natural order of things. You expect to take care of your spouse when you are "old and gray". You expect that one of you will have to help the other transition to death. You don't expect to be finding a caregiver so that you can attend your children's events on your own.

Thanks.

Couldn't have put it better Miss. Last year I was preparing for end of life issue and beginning of life issues at the same time. Something about that is not right.

My husband will not live to see his 40th birthday. We will not see our 10th anniversary. I will be a widow at the age of 31 or 32. He more then likely will not see his daughter's 1st birthday, hear her first words, see her take her first steps, be here for his son's first day of kindergarten, be here to play ball with his son, to walk his daughter down the aisle and soo many other moments.

Sorry if I sounds grouchy. I'm not normally like this. Just on a newborn schedule, and did not get any sleep last night due to this cough, on top of being my husband's sole caregiver, the daily house chores, meals, and also taking care of a rowdy toddler. Doesn't sound like much, just a bit frustrated because there is no down time for me, no time for me to be able to crawl into bed and colapse and let someone else take the reigns for a bit so I can get better.

Just soo tired and just having a bad day.

Sending much love your way!

I'm at a loss as to how you cope! Hell, I'm at a loss as to how I cope!

Sending you well wishes!

It is really amazing that we are all living this...and taking care of our hubby's each and every day. I think we should all give ourselves a huge hug! Hugs to all you caregivers. Hugs to all our PALS that battle everyday!

Don't apologize, don't ever ever apologize. You are amazing, and dealing with things that you should not have to. It's not the right order of things. Just shouldn't be. I wish I could come and help, and the miles did not separate us.
Hang in there, look after yourself and grouch as much as you need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back