Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Sandy hmm I feel old today. Most of the new shows do stink though. Bruce is doing ok today, he is watching the daytona race. I got him several things at the natural food store yesterday, vitamins ect... I know you are excited your parents are back. i so hope you have a good visit next week, and then tell us how it goes. Enjoy your day.

Bruce will be rattling,Joni! Glad you will soon see your folks Sandy.

I am just having a cup. Had my sushi at the mall,where I left my son and friend to see Gnomeo and Juliet, an animated retake on Romeo and Juliet, tho apparently the Gnomes cam back to life.Alas that was not to be for their predecessors.

Did a couple of hours at work in prep for my trial auditing. While there the dermatologist I have been working for, on an acne study, asked me to run another one, yay. I said I thought I could fit it in. Ha ha I have so much time I spent all day on the forum. So now I have 2 new contracts. Still partime , so perfect. It's a skin cancer cream I believe.

Peter I did not mean to push you in to changing your avatar. I tried to change mine the other day and forgot how!
I do like the Tasmanian devil, good choice.

Marjorie I read your recipe with interest. Never heard anything quite like it. I will have to try it when the winter comes along. Tonight we are having fresh snapper, caught by me on a fishing trip I got for Christmas. Will bake it and have a salad. I havent cooked veggies in weeks, just háček green salad each night. Best thing about summer.

Hope you are all well. Aly

Hi All, Bowling nite was fun, amazing how these kids have grown, yet we haven't changed a bit (NOT!). The alley is ancient, only has 6 lanes, which we had rented for 2 hours. Met at one house with potluck dinner (buffalo chicken sloppy joes were a big hit), then braved the icy driveway, over to the next town for the bowling. I didn't bowl, but my friends were so supportive of what I'm going through, it was nice to see them. We don't see too much of each other, usually at Halloween and this Bowling nite. I managed the stairs ok, but there were also 5 guys there to help me if I needed it. Not bad, huh? Worst part of the night was leaving, it was sooo cold and the winds were awful, could barely open my car door at first.

I loved Lost in Space when I was a kid, does anyone remember It's About Time? About a space capsule that crashed into the cavemen times? Wasn't on for very long but I thought it was hilarious at the time. Not sure if I'd find it funny now... Always wanted to see Dark Shadows, but it was on at 4pm and I wasn't allowed to watch tv until 5pm! I'm watching a special about Saturday Night Live tonight, first one was all of their commercials, and now some of the mistakes throughout the years.

The taco soup sounds good, but I'd have to make a veggie version as well as the chicken one... always making two meals, one with, one without meat.

Thanks for all your kindnesses!

Helen

Hey Yall! Aly skin cancer cream would be good. My first husband passed away with Melanoma skin cancer. It was bad. Fresh snapper sounds good. Helen, now that you mentioned it, my sister and I used to sneak and watch dark shadows. We would sleep with the cover up under our chin to keep Barnabos away...My daddy found out and that was the end of watching it. Seen it a few years back on one of the old channels, and well it looked so old timey and fogey. Not scary at all. But back in the day...

Affirmative Will Robinson.......Danger, danger, danger. Oh how I loved lost in space. They would look ridiculous in the tin foil suits. I used to get scared of all the aliens. They made it into a new movie a few years ago, but it was not nearly as good. They shoul leave these great old television programmer alone. That naughty zachery Smith, the stow away.hmmm you see I am rather old.

Been gardening, now every muscle is aching and ruby jumped in the pool, then climbed on my lap. I reek of wet dog!
Labradors are too big to climb on laps. Every time I sit down outside, I get squished.

Helen glad you had a nice time, sorry about the yuck weather( just kidding) it's boiling here. The pool is 30 c , like a bath.
Aly

Hi Aly, I'm jealous of you gardening and the weather! It's snowing here again, but at least this time we could actually use a broom to clean it off the cars, and it covers up the blackened snowbanks... well almost anyway.

I picked up a videotape of Lost in Space at our town dump's swap shop and watched it last year... sooo corny, and my kids were laughing at it. I didn't watch it much when I was a kid, but I remember I hated that mean guy!

Did you post a photo of your dogs? I'll have to look... I grew up with a yellow Lab, she was the smartest dog! Anytime my Mom wanted us home she'd let the dog out, and she'd hunt us down no matter where we were! I have a mutt who's 1/2 Golden Retriever and 1/2 Black German Shepherd, and she looks like a skinny black Lab. No one guesses her breeds correctly. She thinks she's a lap dog as well, and loves to play with our orange cat (who beats her up usually) and also loves to get vacuumed.

Enjoy that summer fun!

When (what decade) did Dark Shadows play? I semi remember that.

Helen, I used to vacuum one of my cats as well as one dog. The others all ran from the vacuum. The cat did get irritated with me, but not seriously. Bath time was "seriously upsetting".

Warm here today, with rain on the way.

I didn't get into any of the space shows on TV. Ironic that Phil works for NASA. He talks until my eyes begin to glaze, then just laughs. I only want to hear about the interpersonal things.

Hello there, time for tea. It's a typical spring day here, some sunshine, some rain, about 10 degrees C (50F?). The daffodils are beginning to peek out and a blackbird is looking at me through the window as I type. As we're back on animals again (especially if you count all things extra terrestrial as well) I'm going to try posting a link I love. We don't have any pets but I love dogs. And I think every household needs a dog like this one in the video. See what you think. Watch out for the suitcase at the end. Harvey can move in here with us anytime!
YouTube - Dogs Home TV Ad (every home needs a Harvey)

I was in elementary school, so it had to be the late 60s... I didn't like the space shows at all either. My orange cat likes to be vacuumed at times, mostly he just allows it for a moment or so, and then saunters off to pick on the dog or chase our other cat. I got him from a barn full of cows, so he's not afraid of little old german shepherds!

Snow stopped, blue sky, I have to kick the kids outside for a while!

Have a good day!

Harvey is more than welcome... Wonder Dog! What a funny video, Avril. None of our dogs brought slippers, although some ate slippers..shoes, rugs, poop. There we are, back at the beginning! I just had cocoa roasted almonds with a small Greek yogurt for lunch. Phil is doing Harvey's part.

Aha, Helen, I'd have been a bit older, in High School. The deal was, I had to be home before the elementary kids' bus came (brothers) and also had to make dinner. But... that still left me a good hour to get into trouble before the brothers came home. No time for TV...

Harvey reminds me of my brother's dog, though Tugboat doesn't do ANY of that! My dog Moka is best at shedding fur everywhere and barking, though she does bark with a hand sign... just wish she'd stop at one.

How many brothers do you have? I have 2 older and 2 younger, so I know what you mean about getting home before anyone else did to have some peace and quiet for an hour! Then to chores (making supper, cleaning, etc.) and homework... still doing homework now that I think about it, and that 6th grade math is KILLING me! Luckily my math-challenged 6th grader has a math-wizard 8th grader brother to help from time to time. I don't remember any of that stuff.

Oh, Helen, I didn't go home during that hour. Oh, my no. I have three, one older and two younger. But I did have peace and quiet once they dumped off their books, because they really stayed outside most of the time. We had a farm behind us and woods just off the corner of the yard. The woods belonged to the neighborhood boys. Once a week I went to a beautiful place, Longwood Gardens, with a friend to walk around. It was free at the time but now there's a charge for going in. That is one of my good memories. I did homework after the guys were home from school. And I had loads of chores to do. My mother worked 3 to 11. One day several years ago I called the youngest on a Saturday, and he told me he'd been teaching his two kids how to clean a bathroom...and told them "Aunt Ann taught me!" The thing I didn't do was cut grass or shovel snow. They were firmly "boy projects".

I could seriously do with a wonder like harvey not only for his usefulness-think another pair of hands that doesn't need to be told what to do & how exactly to do it- and also cause he's funny cute. Ann you've just had lunch. I'm just done serving dinner. My pals had purée of seabream, broccoli & mash potato. Now I know that might sound a bit bland but she likes the taste. We're only talking teaspoons here but boy does food give her pleasure.

I'm enjoying learning about your childhood exploits Ann & Helen. And hearing what was on tv for all of you. I'm 40 next birthday. Growing up it was black & white tv with only the 2 national state channels. Uk channels came next & now with satelite we can choose as easily from chinese channels as those from the US. My parents moved from the country to the city for work so I'm a city girl. Though here city is never far from country. No brothers or sisters (though plenty of chores) growing up.

Avril, it is nice having dinner over isn't it... At least for me that was always the case (I'm speaking now as an adult; as a kid I still had homework again to do). I had trapped myself in my room by knocking books onto the floor in the doorway, so waited for Phil to come back and help me before a very late lunch. Although, we are having breakfast for dinner tonight. The girls are laying a lot of eggs and we're out of cartons.

I think we were allowed only an hour of TV on school nights. When I was in high school, we lived close enough to Philadelphia to get all their stations. Right now (no cable) I get very poor reception for 2 Public TV and CBS in my room. So Avril, you and I have switched places with TV. I grew up during the age of so much rebellion, I am watching my words like a hawk, remembering how very public this is... I'm very glad to have left those years behind. One of the moms from church thanked me for never telling her kids (one had asked) about my exploits.

STOP PRESS.

About 90 min ago, 1 pm local time app, Christchurch in New Zealand suffered another earthquake. Lots of damage and not yet confirmed if any deaths.

See map

Not sure where Aly lives, think North Island but i hope her and all of her family and friends are safe

cheers
Peter

Attachments

• map_of_new-zealand.jpg
    map_of_new-zealand.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 712
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back