Come For Tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds very pretty...I bet you were quite the gardener at your house, I so wish you could see them from the other house.

I just checked in here, but I give you all two thumbs up! But, my thumbs are always up. :)

There is another discussion about going out, and if we want to or not. It ties in with the gardening, I think, Joni. There is a time when things may be difficult but are still quite worth the trouble. When the trouble increases enough, there's a letting go. I can enjoy the thought of what I can't see and I do love to have others take pictures for me to look at. But that sharp desire to go and do things has ended and I have peace. I can talk about it here in fun and enjoy the subject a lot.

So, Tom has thumbs up... are they green thumbs?

So glad Ann. Hey Tomby welcome!

Well its summer here, so lots of things are blooming but not yet in my garden. Its mostly natives and the garden I have put in, is Standard camelias, buxus and a hedge of camelias as well. So of course they are not blooming. Everything is green. Sam(son) and Ruby(dog) are swimming in the pool and the pool water is 31C so not all that refreshing. Now ya all are jealous sitting amounst the snow and cold!
I thru my old dog in the pool, now I am sitting half naked (heavens forbid) on the computer, he was unimpressed and absolutely soaked me with smelly dog water. He is now in a huff with me.

Glad to see some men braving our thread..... hmmmm better put some clothes on then.Got to go cook dinner,. Chicken enchiladas on the menu (Sams Choice). Well he actually asked for candy floss. I tried to call his bluff but couldn't find any at the shops.

Ann sounds lovely. I can almost smell the honeysuckle.
Luv Aly

Don't get dressed on my account. My eyes is closed, honest! Sounds lovely having a 31 degree swimming pool, sounds more like a hot tub.

Ok Barry . I am dressed. Glad you kept your eyes closed tho.Yes the pool is nice. It has solar heating, but today it really did't need it. I am going for a swim in a mo, before bed.

Can I come over for tea also? I have a fat cat does that count?! lol I hope all of you are doing good today. Enjoy your sunday!

Hi there, can I come in for tea too? The summer in NZ together with the pool sound out of this world and Ann's garden sounds a picture. No pooping pets here but plenty of tea to share. We even have a tea named after Barry. It's delicious Barry! On the pinkie front, over here the thing that distinguishes an irish woman from a british woman in the tea department comes before the cup is ever lifted. It's all about when she puts the milk in.

I don't think I will ever see summer here. Minnesota is so cold but we do have a heatwave today of 30 degree's. But with snow no suprise there.LOL I'm excited to do my gardening its so relaxing. I just want the sun to shine and summer to come. So send me your warm weather please! LOL

Barry I saw you peeping...lol Aly I want a solar heated pool, right now my pool looks pretty gross, lots of cleaning in the spring. Cats are welcome too!Never heard of a tea called Barry..Is it good? Sunny today high of 57, snow thursday. Crazy weather.

A friend sent us some Barry tea a while back and Beth said it was very good. No outdoor pools around here because might have a month or maybe two of time when we couldn't play hockey on it because the ice was too soft.

Yay. This is turning into a great tea party. Welcome sad and confused, tomby, jelly cat. I have 3 cats as well so love cats, in fact I really love everything , apart from my mother in law. Now that's a novel I will not get into. It will be 30 degrees here today ascwell, but Celsius. Really don't understand why America didn't go metric like the rest of the world?

You feel much slimmer. Sounds good to be say...... 90 kg instead of 200 lbs! Maybe thats why we are all getting fat here.
Hubbub is home sick again, but his back is a lot better since his epidural. Looks like he may make it to Switzerland.

Ann I will have to work out how to put photos on a post like you did.

Jellycat I heard that milk was originally put in thectea cup first to stop it cracking when the tea went in. The porcelain was supposedly thin and fragile. Was that true or an old wives tale.

Here's a question- how many pounds in a stone?

I'm not much for tea, or the dainty fragile cups it is served in so I'll bring a mug with coffee, if that is acceptable. On the other hand, I do like the idea of chatting and laughing with friends around the table -- count me in, even if it means learning to drink tea and put a straw in the teacup. If membership requires a love of animals _ I qualify.

One dog, Max, 8 years old, part Australian Shepard and part Blue Heeler. Slowing down since his hips are arthritic but occassionaly forgets, and runs the 28 acres chasing deer and eating horse poop! One cat, Miss Kitty, 1-year old and a real terror! Finds the printer for the computer a toy as papers spit out and is the first into my bed when the mattress is on massage!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back