Loved one DX
Country
US
State
MA
City
Douglas
My dad was diagnosed with ALS in 2004.

I am 24 years old and for the past 4 or so months I have been have muscle twitching all over my body. It feels like a flutter. When I go to feel it seems like it stops. I get them in my bicep, thighs, eye, right thumb, and left muscle behind knee. It seems like I get them anywhere but those are the places I can identify. I get leg and foot cramps often. And now I am concerned I have ALS. What are the chances that my Dad has it and I just have BFS (Benign fasciculation syndrome).

Thanks for your help.

hi . . Firstly sorry to hear that your dad has this awful disease . . Have you noticed any weakness in your body ? I imagine that you must be well versed in als but without weakness which generally precede twitchin then try not to worry
. . Even given your concerns of familial hereditary issues it does not mean automatically that you have mnd als . . Your also very young . . Pretty sure its rare at that age . . try not to worry and get yourself to a neuro to set your mind at rest . .. hope things turn out well . . Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back