Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
WA
City
Lake Stevens
The new thing happening for me is at night when i try to lay on my sides is that my shoulders hurt. I am a side sleeper but finding myself on my back more. Have any of you experianced this early on in your progression with limb onset in arms?

I experienced this with frozen shoulders. Couldn't lay on my side to save my life because of the pain. Fortunately, for me, the shoulders thawed. I think I have permanent damage with the right one, though.

my shoulders hurt because of muscle atrophy. If I exercise them, the muscles get stronger and the joint doesn't seem as weak.

in als the muscles cannot get stronger through exercise and you can do more harm than good by trying

shoulders hurt cos the neck is not strong enough for the head and we have not ther strength to realign our arms and bodies correctly

I have had similar pain for several months. One thing I have done is put more pillows under my head. The idea is to have the pillows support more weight and take some pressure off the shoulder. This seems to have helped and the pain hasn't gotten any worse.

For a while I tried a more elaborate system where I also put a pillow under my chest. With the head pillows this made a sort of hole for my shoulder. However I found this uncomfortable, and it was hard to roll over, so I stopped.

Now I sleep with three pillows under my head, one between my knees, and sometimes a small one tucked under my upper arm to keep it from dropping, and it's pretty comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back