Diagnosis
04/2010
Country
US
State
In the Land of Cotton
City
Way Down South
My husband got the PEG today. He is VERY depressed, weepy, upset. He says it hurts. How long does this go on?

So sorry to hear your husband is upset & hurting. My mum got her PEG in Jan. I guess everyone is different but she had pain in peg site for a couple of weeks before it settled down. During that time she had very little energy and slept a lot. But things did eventually pick up. I hope they will for you and your husband too.

All the best.

Mom also had difficulties in the beginning with pain and discomfort buy it went away in a couple of weeks.

Why did they tell him it would only be a little sore ! ! ! ! ! ! He is acting like he is in agony!

so sorry hope it heals fast

No pain meds? Please tell me they gave him an Rx!

He took percocet at 2pm (not supposed to take again until 10pm) and I just gave him a lortab 5 minutes ago.

I am sorry it has been so painful. I had no pain and did not have to take any medication. I hope he gets relief soon!

This is the reason I say it is CRIMINAL for this to be done as an outpatient procedure for PALS. HUGS Lori

I didn't have any pain either, I was a bit uncomfortable for a week or so but after that I was fine. Just shows how different we all are but I would say that he will feel much better in a few days once the shock of having this new "thing" hanging out of him and it is healed up some.

I sure hope you guys are right and the pain goes away in a few days. He is absolutely miserable. I've looked at the site, and it isn't red, inflammed or anything like that. I'll check it again in the morning. In the meantime, thank heavens for the pain meds.

One thing you might consider is some PALS that have reported pain found out it was because the tube was too tight. Once the pressure was relieved the pain immediately stopped. It required pulling the stopper piece, that you see against his stomach, a few millimeters up the tube. I hope that makes sense?

Makes total sense. I'll check that. Thank you!

Missy, thinking of you and your husband. I hope he's doing better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back