If health care "pros" lived one day in a pALS' life...

Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Maybe they would get off their a$$es and seriously consider the struggles pALS go through!

I've just about given up on getting ANY help with ANYthing without having to scream and tear my hair out! It seems as if my husband is "snake-bit!" :evil:

We've been w a i t i n g for the Words+ people to get back with us regarding co-pay, etc... No communication from them since mid May, at which time they indicated they had received the info from the SLP. So, I called them yesterday. :evil::evil::evil: The SLP did not submit a complete enough report for them to process the request for a device.:evil::evil::evil: I had to convince my husband that his going down to the hospital where this airhead works would not help at all. He intended to camp out til he could see her. He is very upset! The Words+ people said they have left her four phone messages and sent emails and she has not gotten back with them. WHY? Her incompetence astounds me! First the eval mess-up and now this! Words+ has now gotten the local rep involved to try to get this sorry excuse of an SLP to get her act together on this. I've asked the tech guy at ALSA of GA to help us.

Oh, and did I mention the d@^# PWC has quit on him and we can't get it to work? That's a "whole nother story!":evil:

Sorry brooksea,

You must be a very good helpmate to get so upset. I was a healthcare pro for several decades and know that protective shell they grow around them is very real

It's hard and and has no sensory neurons

I wish you the best.

To the world at large "we are not invisible" and but for the grace of God..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back