Status
Not open for further replies.

brooksea

Legendary member
Reason
Other
Country
HM
Wish us luck! Husband and I are going to Emory on the 8th for his PEG insertion. Hoping there will be no "funny" stories I will have to tell you! Sigh... :-|

Swallow test is on the 5th to determine aspiration risk. He will not be happy if told to stop everything by mouth.

CJ, good luck to your husband (and you of course) although I know he won't need it. Tell him I am right there with him if he can't eat anymore, it really sucks!

Good luck to both of you. This will be a God-send. I'll bet you'll both feel better and less stressed. I'm thinking of you, girl.

Hope it's a straightforward procedure and I wish him a speedy recovery.

Relax and everything should go smoothly. Wishing him a simple procedure like mine was!

Good luck; looking forward to reading about a procedure that came off without a hitch!
(although, some of your husband's antics are fun to read about!LOL As long as they are non-medical related)

How does he feel about the procedure & the PEG? Hope he is OK with it.

Wishing your hubby the best with his videoswallow on the 5th and procedure on the 8th.
Dana

Good luck with the swallow and the procedure! I hope all goes smoothly!

Take care.
Pam B in Va

Good luck too you both! certainly made things less stressful for Jen and I, a little more work though ; )

Dave

Good luck with the PEG. My husband was in the hospital for 3 days - 1 day before the procedure, 1 day for the procedure, and was released on the 3rd day.

Make sure you don't leave without complete instructions regarding what, how much, when, etc. I know that's happened to people on the forums before - they get "herded" out with not much supporting info.

The only other advice I offer as a caregiver is to not be surprised if your husband doesn't "adjust" well to the formula right away. We experienced a couple of weeks of some "messiness" to put it delicately. I don't know how many others experienced this, but it was a pretty difficult and stressful digestive adjustment period.

CJ, It will definately make all of your lives better! Here's to uneventful PEG and swift healing/adjustment!

As I stated in a little rant on another thread: I've set myself up for so many falls with in-laws that I feel like a dumb-a$$! Talked to the SIL last night at hubby's insistence, as she was traveling and he was worried about her. She didn't ask one time about how he was doing. Finally at the end when I told her I had to go (go throw up LOL), she asked when the feeding tube thingy was going to be done. I told her and her response was - "That's too soon for me to be there." PERIOD THE END No "Good luck" or "Let me know how he's doing" or "I will call you to check on him" CLUELESS PEOPLE! Simple human decency is all I ask of anyone. I am seriously considering writing a book about this absolutely dysfunctional southern family! All my friends tell me I should and that it would be a best seller! LOL I've even thought of appropriate names for each of them! (teehee)

Can I throw some things y'all?

Thanks y'all for the good luck wishes. I'm sure everything will be fine. If it's not, it'll be worse than flying monkeys in Dixie! I'm only 4'11" - but I am a force to be reckoned with! Believe it!

CJ, you may be 4'11" but your spirit is 8 feet tall so keep on slugging! How did your husband end up with all of the compassion and common sense in his family? So sad that some people can't see past their own noses.

We know you're both troopers so we don't expect problems. Good luck.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back