Diagnosis
02/2009
Country
US
State
Colorado
City
Pagosa Springs
I am wondering if anyone is having memory loss ,who started with Bulbar? I don't mean the usual forgetfulness. This is different. It is happening more often... It is not appointments or birthdays etc. This is just one word... Words I know and use everyday. It will take me maybe hours later for me to remember. Just words like, my Grandson's name,_Andrew. A cable stitch with knitting, the word _cable...I will be talking and then the word is just gone... That is just a couple of examples.. Happening 3 or 4 times a week.... Kinda scary....

i have that problem too. I had a stroke in 2003 and I blame the aphasia on that, but it has gotten worse since the bulbar set in. I can't even make a complete sentence! Sometimes I even have to go to a person and take them to what I want to tell them about. That stinks! I know what you are going through. My hubby started making fun of me when I first started having major problems, but when he found out what was going on with the Bulbar, he quit. I think he realizes now that I wasn't making things up, I just couldn't spit the word out!

Mine happens all day, every day! It is scary!

deborah

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back