Keeping track of who is from where

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Grammar Guy reminds me of a fairly obscure comic book superhero from the 70's called Politenessman.

Attachments

• Politenessman.jpg
    Politenessman.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 337
more for the Grammar guy

perhaps he could also check out the uses of aussi slang,
like "gidday mate", japaneese safety shoes (apologies to any japaneese that read this) and "back of Burke";)

cheers:)
Peter

The Literal Adventures of Grammar Guy

I smell a future Forum Follies episode! ;)

Manchester, UK. My dad was born in Salford

Thanks Capt. Al, I am somewhat reluctant to put addresses on the map but if no one has any objections I will add member usernames. That way everyone can see who is at a location but it doesn't give out personal info. I have added my username to the map at my Hinton location and I'm still waving.

Barry

We are from Pudsey, Leeds England. I care for my husband who has been ill with something for 7 years, recently diagnosed as mnd.

Medford, New Jersey. It is considered the southern part of New jersey about 30 minutes north of philadelphia, PA

Eric and I live in Stafford, Virginia, which is about 40 miles south of DC. We grew up in Springfield/Franconia, Virginia which is 15 miles south of DC.

Pam B

That is an incredible job, Barry ... thank you for doing this!

I don't want to get into the "what causes ALS" debate, and I realize we forum members are only a very small selection of PALS, but looking at the map, the "patternlessness" of sporatic ALS does make you think there must be some genetic glitch. That and the fact that familial ALS exists.

But obviously there's something environmental too, because there are clusters, too. (I don't mean on the map, I mean Guam, etc.) Boy, I would love to know the cause! It wouldn't change the outcome for me, but at least I'd know who to sue!

Pittsboro, NC here

My pals is in Salt Lake City, Utah

Barry,

I just got back from vacation and saw all of the hard work you have been doing. Great job !

Thanks
Dana

I think there is a tendency for members to be from somewhat rural or remote areas, perhaps because there are fewer support services in such places. Notice there are no members from such large population centres as New York, Toronto, Chicago or Miami.

John

The locations on the map are only the ones for people who have responded on this thread. I would be willing to put on more members but I am reluctant to do that without each member's permission. There are a lot more members in more locations that aren't on here yet. We could try to overload Google Maps!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back