Diagnosis
04/2019
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Pierce
I have been reading about the benefits CBD oil has on symptoms. Confused about the different grades. Can someone that is using the oil let me know the benefits. Plus, is it OK to buy from a health food store or should it be purchased through a dispensary? I'm new to all this and there is so much to navigate through

CBD varies tremendously in concentration and quality. I think much of what you would find in a health food store would be a very low concentration for the price

It is legal to buy online and there are some suppliers people recommend.

I do not use it myself so I don’t know them. There is a FB group ( not ALS specific) with a lot of information. I can look for it if you want

Others here do use it and mmj too so you may get feedback. There are old threads if you search. We used to have a sticky on it but its author removed it

I started Charlotte's Web (you can buy it online and in some retail locations) about six months or so after my diagnosis. I'm absolutely certain it helped me sleep better and calmed my anxiety. I was able to get off Xanax (which I had been taking for 20 years).

My local neurologist started suggesting it to all his patients and then went on to become certified in medicinal cannabis. A good number of his patients are off opioids now that they are using medical cannabis. He specializes in pain management and now he is a huge supporter of both CBD and THC.

I had a conversation with an ALS neuro back before medical cannabis was legal in Florida. He told me he would do whatever it took to get cannabis if he had ALS. Both he and my local doctor believe it is neuroprotective.

I take at least 50 mg. of CBD at bedtime and some during the day if I think I need it. When I forget, I can't fall asleep.

There are about 10 other people in my condo using CBD.

I found a huge difference in quality and quantify of CBD when I looked in health food stores. It is not cheap but, for me, it's worth the cost.

I also take THC in small quantities. They also make topical creams that, for me, work better than prescription topicals but they are mostly THC.

Thanks Nikki and Kim for the info. I did look up Charlottes Web. My sister also did inquiries and came up with the same name. You are a big help

Last night I had three ladies over to play cards. One had fallen earlier in the day and her wrist was in pretty bad shape. It was swollen and sore. I brought out the THC topical and she said it felt much better within minutes after I rubbed a good-size quantity on her. I sent her home with a jar. Today I saw her in the social room and she said she used it again later, then today. Her wrist felt 75% better.

thc full will elevate apetite, but it will make you dizzy. when i used pure thc (small quantity, rice grain size), i was knocked out for a 2 days and one night. currently, i buy from usa supplier pure cbd and i mix it with thc (black market) in ratio cbd:thc=20:1-5. i use it every day. no more cough, breathing problems etc. there are grades, 5,15...50% !!! some sellers count in mg, some in grams, ml., drops (1 ml is 20-25 drops), so pay attention what you buy. most accurate is how many mg of cbd is in a bottle.30 ml bottle and 3000mg cbd should be LITTLE cheaper than 60 ml bottle with 3000mg cbd.

cbd+thc has synergetic effect. it is almost impossible to find medical cannabis with such a ratio, so you need to prepair it on your own. thc here (croatia) is app 400 usd per 10ml.

I use it under a perscription perscibed by my ALS neurologist, that way it is tax deductible, they also have suppliers that they recommend. I find that it helps with sleep and limb stiffness.
Al

Unfortunately, in the US it is not tax deductible. Ironically, if my doctor prescribes Vitamin D, that is tax deductible. It's because medical cannabis is not legal nationally, only state by state.

I use a 1:1 ratio oil with 12.5 percent cbd and 12.5 percent thc. It helps with mood, appetite, spasticity and pain. I use .5 ml in the morning and a full ml at night as a sleep aid. I get it from a licenced producer under prescription. I don't take baclofen or opioids anymore.
Vincent

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back